Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Happy Americans

Zinjanthropos Offline
Once the POTUS is elected will you be thrilled that the democratic process has played out, no matter who wins?
Leigha Offline
As long as the process works without interference, (er...cheating) then I would accept the outcome. Counting ballots past November 3rd doesn’t make me feel settled, to be honest. Confused

God is sovereign over all of this, so that brings me hope.
Syne Offline
Only leftists, who have already been rioting and looting, will get violent due to a result they don't like.
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Nov 2, 2020 09:16 PM)Leigha Wrote: As long as the process works without interference, (er...cheating) then I would accept the outcome. Counting ballots past November 3rd doesn’t make me feel settled, to be honest. Confused

How will you know cheating took place or whether it had any affect on results? Would you believe it if your guy was said to have cheated?
Leigha Offline
(Nov 2, 2020 09:55 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote:
(Nov 2, 2020 09:16 PM)Leigha Wrote: As long as the process works without interference, (er...cheating) then I would accept the outcome. Counting ballots past November 3rd doesn’t make me feel settled, to be honest. Confused

How will you know cheating took place or whether it had any affect on results? Would you believe it if your guy was said to have cheated?

Yea, how would we ever know? We meaning us “happy Americans.” Big Grin Counting votes after November 3rd seems unethical to me and that borders into the possibility of cheating occurring. Don’t ask me why I believe this, it’s just a sneaking suspicion.
C C Offline
(Nov 2, 2020 09:04 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: Once the POTUS is elected will you be thrilled that the democratic process has played out, no matter who wins?

If "democratic process" subsumes the dirty reality of it rather than the formal, idealized portrayals and consequent "sacredness" projected upon the latter in terms of romanticized confidence.
Syne Offline
I don't so much mind votes being "counted" after election day. Sometimes it just takes a bit longer. What I do mind is what's happening in Pennsylvania, where the votes they count after election day don't even have to be postmarked by the 3rd, to prove they were at least mailed on election day. This means that after most the result are in, someone could suddenly "find" enough votes for Biden to swing the whole election. And that will end up in the Supreme Court.
Ben the Donkey Offline
(Nov 2, 2020 10:55 PM)C C Wrote:
(Nov 2, 2020 09:04 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: Once the POTUS is elected will you be thrilled that the democratic process has played out, no matter who wins?

If "democratic process" subsumes the dirty reality of it rather than the formal, idealized portrayals and consequent "sacredness" projected upon the latter in terms of romanticized confidence.

See, now, that's the sort of thing you read here from time to time which would justify the "like" function... until you realise it's more or less subject to the same thing.
Zinjanthropos Offline
Haven’t checked the news so Good Luck today America.

Toronto stock exchange up, Financials & Manufacturing, not sure if they’re anticipating good news.
Syne Offline
The only good news for the financial and manufacturing industries is a Trump win.