Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

White Quarterback’s Lives Matter

C C Offline
Well, that's Dallas -- one after another going down.  It's remarkable that Dak Prescott went for what -- 4 or 5 years before he finally got a season ender? Before him, Tony Romo was an injury-prone QB who'd often kill a season (as if Dallas needed that as an excuse for their decades of mediocrity, while still ridiculously remaining the NFL's top franchise in terms of monetary value and merchandise sales slash popularity).
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Oct 26, 2020 08:59 PM)C C Wrote: Well, that's Dallas -- one after another going down.  It's remarkable that Dak Prescott went for what -- 4 or 5 years before he finally got a season ender? Before him, Tony Romo was an injury-prone QB who'd often kill a season (as if Dallas needed that as an excuse for their decades of mediocrity, while still ridiculously remaining the NFL's top franchise in terms of monetary value and merchandise sales slash popularity).

Head coach McCarthy called out team for not retaliating. Can’t do that in the new America can they?
C C Offline
(Oct 26, 2020 08:39 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl/news...cggc27mdpp

At least he kinda walked off. Now if the shoe was on the other foot, white guy destroys black QB with illegal cheap headshot, would John Q. Public be up in arms or indifferent as they appear to be in this case? Should sports be a social issue?

There are fewer white defensive players in the league tackling QBs, but that vice-versa has surely happened several times before without any political fireworks (AFAIK). Dallas's 1st-string quarterback (Prescott) got his leg fractured back on Oct 11 via a legal tackle made by Logan Ryan (both are Black).

Words are more likely to start something. Last year a brawl on the field began when a Cleveland defensive end (Garrett) supposedly heard a Pittsburg quarterback (Rudolph) utter a racial slur. Garrett pulled off the latter's helmet and swung it at his head. A Pittsburg center (Pouncey) came to his QB's defense and punched Garrett. Another Cleveland player (Ogunjobi) may have then retaliated to that act.

Ultimately, everyone involved received fines, suspensions, etc except Rudolph. Since after an investigation it could not be verified that he had uttered the slur which triggered the whole thing or even an alternative like Garrett maybe misunderstanding what he said due to the noise. If Rudolph actually did say such, then it'd be a case of the white guy getting away with _X_. Unknown, though, and Rudolph had no history of racist behavior (according to other teammates of then and past, anyway). 

Browns' Myles Garrett insists Steelers' Mason Rudolph used a racial slur. The Steelers quarterback denies it
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/21/us/st...index.html

Steelers’ Maurkice Pouncey calls Myles Garrett’s racial slur allegations false and ‘the fight was worth it’
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/12...th-it.html

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/zoaAClc9Yyw
C C Offline
(Oct 26, 2020 10:21 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: Head coach McCarthy called out team for not retaliating. Can’t do that in the new America can they?

Maybe controversial, though it falls well short of the Bounty Scandal.

Hubby is the actual football nut, but I'm a little startled at times just how much I've passively picked-up and retained from just listening to stuff in the background, his comments, and watching games beside that Sunday couch potato. I could still recall things like Spygate and Deflategate, though not the exact years they occurred.

I'm sure I remember him listening to the Sports Babe on the radio in the past, but her timeline just doesn't fit. Maybe it was an imitator. Says even she was semi-fictional, though (sheesh, dash all my conceptions of reality into everything being like pro-wrestling). Fortunately her gravelish voice let every wife, mistress, girlfriend, hillside shackup, bank-robbing Bonnie, etc, around the country know that they didn't need to be jealous. (Sorry, Nanci, or whoever that was mimicking you -- just kidding. You were a pioneer.)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Game of Alter Ego: 9 cops who had secret criminal lives C C 0 492 Oct 12, 2015 04:34 PM
Last Post: C C