Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Arrest of pregnant woman for online protest against lockdown draws controversy

C C Offline
Cynical Sindee: Contrast the intolerance in Victoria for breaking COVID-19 protocol with the situation in the US where the latter mayors and governors will sell their whole communities down the river for any cause of the Red-flag Revolution that comes along. Hand it to "Honest" Ted Wheeler: He isn't even pretending that he's not a wimp. "I'm sorry, comrades -- I accept my shame in failing you by leaving my $840,000 castle. As for the bourgeois citizenry: Wake up, m_th_r f_ck_rs, wake up!"

- - -
Portland mayor flees high-rise apartment following attacks by anti-police demonstrators
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini...onstrators

EXCERPT: Wheeler, whose city is going into its 100th day of violent anti-police protests, is moving out of his downtown condominium now that left-wing activists have targeted the high-rise for nightly demonstrations, including one in which they smashed windows and lit fires.

It seems the simple fix here is that Wheeler can just, you know, do his job. Maybe instead of high-rise hunting, he can treat the lawless protests as such instead of coddling them in the hope that the crocodile will devour him last... (MORE - details)

Pregnant Australian anti-lockdown suspect's arrest draws controversy
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-54007824

EXCERPT: The arrest of a woman in Australia for promoting an anti-lockdown protest online has drawn criticism, after video of the incident went viral. Footage shows officers handcuffing pregnant woman Zoe-Lee Buhler, 28, in her home in Victoria on Wednesday in front of her partner and children. She starts crying during the arrest, telling police: "I didn't realise I was doing anything wrong."

Authorities have defended the officers, saying they acted appropriately. Victoria has been in lockdown since July to curb a coronavirus outbreak that has fuelled Australia's second wave. Authorities have imposed stay-at-home rules and a curfew in Melbourne, the state capital. The lockdown has closed many businesses and banned gatherings around the state. Many people support the measures but others oppose them, and they have been targeted by a fringe anti-lockdown movement.

Last week Victoria Police warned it would arrest people for organising protests in breach of the ban on gatherings. [...] Individuals can face fines of A$1,652 (£1,465; $2,200) for breaking restrictions, or imprisonment for serious breaches. The lockdown has worked to slow the virus [...] Supporters say the police enforcement measures have been necessary to this success. But civil liberties activists have argued Victoria's restrictions are among the harshest seen in Western democracies. They have also disproportionately affected poorer and more ethnically diverse communities, advocates say... (MORE - details)

After pregnant woman is arrested it must be a ‘national day of shame’

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/ut2bA48ASrw
Syne Offline
(Sep 3, 2020 09:12 AM)C C Wrote: It seems the simple fix here is that Wheeler can just, you know, do his job. Maybe instead of high-rise hunting, he can treat the lawless protests as such instead of coddling them in the hope that the crocodile will devour him last... (MORE - details)
Yep, and the crocodile is coming for Captain Hook. It got a taste of his weakness and wants more. Dumbass wanted the extra federal agents sent to protect federal property to leave, but ended up just removing one target of the mob. Guess what, the mob found a new target.

Quote:She starts crying during the arrest, telling police: "I didn't realise I was doing anything wrong."
Not only do Australians have no freedom of speech (or freedom of assembly) protections in their law, they largely don't even seem realize it. They just blithely believe they live in a free country.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 in 10 pregnant "people" will develop long COVID (childbearing inclusiveness) C C 1 89 Feb 23, 2024 01:38 AM
Last Post: C C
  Article (UK) Labour Party ‘anti-semitism’ controversy update + (UK) Labour Party's 8 pledges C C 0 86 Sep 15, 2023 06:51 PM
  Article Russia's shift to online voting: ‘unlimited potential for fraud’ C C 0 70 Apr 9, 2023 11:06 PM
  BBC alleges Chinese police beat one of its reporters covering Shanghai protest C C 0 120 Nov 28, 2022 10:57 PM
  Voters deliver brutal verdict on Liz Truss + Protest blocks emergency vehicles (UK) C C 5 199 Oct 22, 2022 05:35 AM
Last Post: Yazata
  China Bank Freezes Accounts, Govt Sends Tanks into Streets When Depositers Protest Yazata 1 74 Jul 23, 2022 03:34 AM
Last Post: RainbowUnicorn
  ‘Lockdown is a class war by proxy’ + Fish fraud is rampant C C 1 90 Jul 27, 2021 11:33 AM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos
  Elon Musk defies virus rules, daring arrest + Lockdowns merely delay the inevitable? C C 0 144 May 12, 2020 06:44 AM
  Harvard chemistry chief’s arrest over China links shocks researchers Secular Sanity 4 744 Apr 1, 2020 01:10 PM
Last Post: Secular Sanity
  Canada: Radical feminist Megan Murphy on free speech + Trans activists protest Murphy C C 1 436 Oct 31, 2019 10:50 PM
Last Post: Syne