Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Palcohol

Magical Realist Offline
"The "Tang" of alcohol may arrive soon in a store near you.

The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau approved a new product Wednesday called Palcohol. It's a dried form of alcohol that can be mixed with water to create liquid alcohol. Some have compared it to the sugary, orange-flavored powdered drink Tang.

How does it work?

One packet of Palcohol equals one shot, according to the company's website. Each packet weighs 1 ounce and turns into liquid when mixed with 6 ounces of water.

What flavors will be available?

The Phoenix-based company plans to release five flavors: vodka, rum, cosmopolitan, powderita (which is like a margarita) and lemon drop.
When does it hit the market?

The product is expected to be available in stores starting this summer, according to the website.
Why make powdered alcohol?

The creator of Palcohol, Mark Phillips, wanted to create an alcohol that would be lightweight and easy to carry on-the-go, Phillips told USA TODAY Network.

"When I hike, kayak, backpack or whatever, I like to have a drink when I reach my destination. And carrying liquid alcohol and mixers to make a margarita for instance was totally impractical," Phillips says in a video he posted on YouTube."===http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio.../70198862/
C C Offline
(May 16, 2015 06:02 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: [...] "When I hike, kayak, backpack or whatever, I like to have a drink when I reach my destination. And carrying liquid alcohol and mixers to make a margarita for instance was totally impractical," Phillips says in a video he posted on YouTube."

Moving drunks may have a new frontier where apparently the only risk is to them. Unless they lead the bear they tried to fight, off the beaten trail, back to the others.