Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

When it’s All Over, What will we Learn?

Zinjanthropos Online
Presidential candidates need to be younger? In case Donald doesn’t get out alive

Science is more important than we think? More funding, more funding

God’s got nothing to do with it? Prayers didn’t work

Just a few things to get started. Feel free to add more
Syne Offline
Less regulation would have sped up the response time. Funding wasn't an issue.
Yazata Online
Assuming that we are talking about the coronavirus, I can see one obvious lesson in two forms. (Lessons that the mainstream media is almost guaranteed to ignore.)

The lesson is the downside of the "globalization" that both parties have been pushing relentlessly for some 30 years now. The lesson is how 'globalization' creates vulnerabilities.

1. There's the problem of open borders. The coronavirus originated in China and hitched a ride here on travelers from China and other places seeded by visitors from China. That points up the value of having some control over who enters the country in times of crisis. Even the arch-open-borders EU is waking up to the continuing importance of borders, with even Germany and France closing their borders, though much too late to stop coronavirus as events in Italy illustrate. 

2. And there's the problem of cheering on America's deindustrialization while depending instead for vital commodities on over-extended global supply chains running through countries that are not our friends. Events as we speak illustrate our dangerous dependence on China for drugs and medical equipment.

Think about it -- The US didn't win World War II because we had better soldiers. German and Japanese soldiers were very good. We won because we flooded the world with ships, tanks and planes. So... what happens if we get in a war with China (the new rising superpower) when they have all the industries and factories?

Combined it's a recipe for disaster. Hopefully the coronavirus crisis casts some long-needed light on it.
C C Offline
(Mar 20, 2020 09:54 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: [...] Just a few things to get started. Feel free to add more

Hopefully learn eventually just how long it takes for there to finally emerge a notable social media buzz concerning what happened to all the mass virtue posturing about:

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Almost looks like Elite Hollywood Awareness didn't even put up a fight or suffer internal conflict via suddenly accepting/making policy shifts it claimed to abhor weeks/months ago.

Coronavirus: Travel restrictions, border shutdowns by country
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/c...05922.html
Zinjanthropos Online
The faith healers are noticeably absent.....Kudos & thanks to frontline

There’s an element of society that is either quite stupid or just doesn’t give a shit....Almost wish they get it

Hard to book a flight to Antarctica.....No place is safe