Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Robot Makes Soldiers Obsolete

Syne Offline
As soon as it rolled over to take an improvised shot at the target, I knew it was...
...fake.
Zinjanthropos Offline
That’s why photographic evidence is the most untrustworthy. For paranormal enthusiasts, technology must be the enemy.
Secular Sanity Offline
(Nov 3, 2019 04:20 AM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: For paranormal enthusiasts, technology must be the enemy.

Well, we should all be concerned when it comes to deep fakes.

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/gLoI9hAX9dw

I love putting on my headphones and running through the forest but in the back of my mind I’m always thinking *Oh, shit, I look like prey. So, I started trading chores in order to persuade my son and his friends into going with me. I’ll do their laundry, buy lunch, or whatnot. The other day on the way home, they were making fun of me. I’m supposed to be an independent woman but here I am always asking them to guard me. When I first saw the video of the robot, I was thinking, *Holy shit, I’m getting one of those. I’ll never have to do those little smartasses’ laundry again. Big Grin
Syne Offline
Well, you should just be armed and aware of your surroundings. That's your best defense. But yes, bribing for guards, or even taking an intimidating dog along, is better than nothing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Research Robot or human teachers: Which do children trust? + Super-AI sneak attack? New study C C 0 93 Dec 23, 2023 10:25 PM
Last Post: C C
  Mixing robots into smaller factories makes sense like never B4 + Robot epigenetics C C 0 288 Apr 6, 2017 03:18 AM
  The body is the missing link for AI + Rogue robot death + The Robot Protocol C C 0 562 Mar 16, 2017 12:32 AM
  New Boston Dynamics Robot "Handle" 2017 Secular Sanity 2 458 Feb 3, 2017 05:37 PM
Last Post: Secular Sanity
  Will robots make doctors obsolete? + Roddenberry secrets decrypted from floppy discs C C 0 480 Feb 9, 2016 07:18 PM