Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Carbon Credits

stryder Offline
On one of my many excursions into potential business opportunities, I've potentially a way to generate a rather large reduction in carbon emissions. What I'm currently trying to work out though is how the reduction can be converted into something worthwhile.

Currently from the look of it I'd require to use ERUs (Emission Reduction Units) which would mean that I would have to go through the process of applying for a project to be considered through "Joint implementation". It does appear to be the same as CERs (Certified Emission Reductions) as they appear to be more about writing the units off as an offset for developing countries.

Currently I'm pretty hazey on how exactly to turn the reduction into something monetarily tangible (considering the UK documentation is likely 14 years out of date.)

I was just wondering it anyone has any experience or knowledge on the rather cryptic nature of carbon credits (I mean beyond just trading ones that are available on trade platforms)
confused2 Offline
My guess is you will find the scheme is administered by the children of good families who would otherwise be unemployable by virtue of stupidity, embarrassing absence of integrity or some other failing that would normally leave them dependant on either their family or the state for support.