Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tineye (matching images online)

stryder Offline
If you are someone that creates images, posts pictures or otherwise has a vested interested in just exactly where you might find similar (if not exactly the same) images then you might not be a stranger to tineye.com

I've recently been using it to do some background checking to see if certain websites are legitimate (In my particular case it's possible to have websites that are "out of a can" and they use stockphotos for their "employees", so with a site like tineye it's possible to make sure that the employees don't come up in a stock footage search.)

It will attempt to match similar images, so it's possible for it to return things that look the same, and even help in certain instances when you don't know exactly what you are looking at (For instance one site I was checking out had a version of the the flag of the Seychelles used on it, which I would of never know was their flag.) It can also cause a bit of a stir with finding those long lost love children you never knew you had (okay the photo recognition isn't 100% matches, buts interesting to see the close approximation when it finds two people looking "similar")

In any event if you haven't had a play round with such a site before, it's worth a look.
C C Offline
(Oct 1, 2019 02:04 PM)stryder Wrote: . . . It will attempt to match similar images, so it's possible for it to return things that look the same, and even help in certain instances when you don't know exactly what you are looking at (For instance one site I was checking out had a version of the the flag of the Seychelles used on it, which I would of never know was their flag.) It can also cause a bit of a stir with finding those long lost love children you never knew you had (okay the photo recognition isn't 100% matches, buts interesting to see the close approximation when it finds two people looking "similar")...

Thanks. That's something I didn't realize with these reverse-search engines, that they can also provide resemblances, not just the dead-on target. Much better than the failure of having to describe in text what the person whose name you can't remember looks like, as opposed to submitting a photo of somebody else who's similar to them in a rough, general way.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neural networks promise sharpest telescope images ever C C 0 229 Feb 23, 2017 02:54 AM
Last Post: C C