Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Explaining Andrew Yang’s work in Baltimore (POTUS competitive sports)

C C Offline
https://www.baltimoresun.com/politics/bs...story.html

INTRO: While President Donald Trump spent much of last week disparaging Baltimore, one Democratic candidate touted his own efforts to help the city. During the second night of Democratic presidential debates Wednesday, candidate Andrew Yang said he’s learned about urban issues through his work with a nonprofit that operates in Baltimore and other cities. In response to a question about how he could “bridge the racial divide” in America, part of Yang’s answer included this statement: “I spent seven years running a nonprofit that helped create thousands of jobs, including hundreds right here in Detroit, as well as Baltimore, Cleveland, New Orleans. And I saw that the racial disparities are much, much worse than I had ever imagined.”

So what is Yang talking about? Here’s a look at the nonprofit Yang founded, Venture for America, and its work in Baltimore. (MORE - details)

RELATED: Venture For America(site) ... Yang2020 - Policies(site) ... Who is Andrew Yang? - Business Insider

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article Explaining sports fandom (philosophy of sports) C C 0 7 Apr 12, 2024 04:22 PM
Last Post: C C
  Competitive team sports shaped physical & psychological skills of early humans C C 0 390 Jul 2, 2018 02:48 AM
  Solution to doping in sports + How the buzz of dancing and sports bonds us together C C 0 948 Jul 25, 2016 04:01 AM