Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Would you hire a prostitute for a friend?

confused2 Offline
This is totally hypothetical (of course).

Say you had a friend with cerebral palsy and he was one of the nicest people you had ever met. We wouldn't be talking about 'young and disabled' we'd be in the 55 and over category after about 40 years of living off the minimum state benefits given to people who aren't disabled - in his opinion he isn't disabled so that's what he gets. My opinion (and this is a friend) is that he's a complete mess. We may reasonably assume that "a complete mess" hasn't attracted a female. What he is best at attracting is groups of children taunting him because he can't run away.

In the light of my recent post about incels I am reminded of my (hypothetical) friend.

Assuming (hypothetically) that money was no object - would you seek out a decent whore for him?
Syne Offline
Sex is not the end all be all of life...unless of course you've defined your identity around your sexual orientation, you're a sex-deprived loser, etc.. And you judging him as "a complete mess" is irrelevant, and likely insulting, pity if he doesn't feel that way. Buying the guy a whore would likely only cement his awareness of his status in your eyes, be a pale comparison for genuine human companionship (which you could provide platonically), and perhaps start him down the path to a very unhealthy habit.

With friends like you....hypothetically.
C C Offline
(Jun 10, 2019 01:07 AM)confused2 Wrote: Assuming (hypothetically) that money was no object - would you seek out a decent whore for him?

Would a prostitute really be necessary? In The Elephant Man, Madge Kendel is introduced to Merrick. The latter was deeply moved to have such a famous actress looking at and conversing with him not only as a normal person, but respecting him as a distinguished guest of the hospital. In actual history, Kendel possibly never met Merrick, but she did interact with him indirectly in a variety of ways, including sending photographs.  

I probably wouldn't know where or how to procure a "sporting lady" for "unfortunate friend" even if that was what he wanted. I take it by money being unrestricted that he wants the luxury hotel kind? That he would feel insulted by a street hooker with rotten teeth or none at all (or is that the very why of men flocking to them, that it makes it better in some creepy way?) Certainly wouldn't want to venture alone into the places where the non-call kind are depicted as hanging out. Is it even biological females he's interested in -- would he take a "working girl" who's packing or an outright midnight cowboy?  

I've never actually understood why anyone would want to be intimate with someone who doesn't actually care anything about them, whether it's the guys craving hookers or the gals craving bad-boys. So again, I'd first check to see if other options were possible, especially those that were extended rather than a one-shot deal.  Maybe he'd accept regular correspondences from one of those lonely ladies who writes love-letters to convicts? Or an Australian exhibitionist who ships him an instance of her used underwear once a month?
Yazata Offline
(Jun 10, 2019 01:07 AM)confused2 Wrote: This is totally hypothetical (of course).

Of course.

Quote:Say you had a friend with cerebral palsy and he was one of the nicest people you had ever met. We wouldn't be talking about 'young and disabled' we'd be in the 55 and over category

Which suggests that he's come to terms with his life and over the years has probably become well adapted to it. From your description, it sounds like his life is very simple and straightforward. There can be a kind of purity and beauty in that, for those who can see. Monastics often try to attain it.

Quote:after about 40 years of living off the minimum state benefits given to people who aren't disabled - in his opinion he isn't disabled so that's what he gets. My opinion (and this is a friend) is that he's a complete mess.

That's your perception of him. Hopefully he doesn't share it about himself. You will probably do him more good if you let him sense that you just accept him for what he is, warts and all, and that you enjoy his company. That's the best gift you can give him: be his friend.

Quote:Assuming (hypothetically) that money was no object - would you seek out a decent whore for him?

No. What would a whore provide him that he doesn't already have? I'd be surprised if he hasn't long ago discovered the wonders of masturbation and is very proficient at it. So his getting his rocks off wouldn't be a problem. Not having a female companion to share his life with might be a problem (or maybe not) but a prostitute wouldn't address that.

I guess that I'd say that if he's satisfied with his life, then don't do anything to mess it up. You might sound him out as subtly as you can about whether he's ever considered hiring a prostitute and what he thinks about the idea. (You could maybe bring it up in the context of you or somebody else thinking about it.) My guess is that he won't be interested.
RainbowUnicorn Offline
(Jun 10, 2019 01:07 AM)confused2 Wrote: This is totally hypothetical (of course).

Say you had a friend with cerebral palsy and he was one of the nicest people you had ever met. We wouldn't be talking about 'young and disabled' we'd be in the 55 and over category after about 40 years of living off the minimum state benefits given to people who aren't disabled - in his opinion he isn't disabled so that's what he gets. My opinion (and this is a friend) is that he's a complete mess. We may reasonably assume that "a complete mess" hasn't attracted a female. What he is best at attracting is groups of children taunting him because he can't run away.

In the light of my recent post about incels I am reminded of my (hypothetical) friend.

Assuming (hypothetically) that money was no object - would you seek out a decent whore for him?

Quote:whore

i think that word is disrespectful

There are sex workers whom i have watched interviewed on documentary's about sex workers who have clients whom are disabled.

your best move would be to approach an agency and have a chat with the manager. see what she thinks and she may meet him to see what he is interested in  and who might be an appropriately trained professional.

The sex worker would then meet with him and see what he is interested in.

maybe he is into guys, or anything else.
a well trained professional would know where to draw the line at what type of service if any might be ok.

people who disrespect women because they work in the sex industry are people i avoid.

The usa is very sexist and derogatory towards women in the sex industry.
many think it gives them license to be sexist misogynistic pigs & i pity the children that such people have growing up with such hatred and bigotry towards women being indoctrinated into them from birth.
its disgraceful.
Secular Sanity Offline

If your hypothetical friend was a woman, would you still be asking this question? If not, why not?
Zinjanthropos Offline
Quote:If your hypothetical friend was a woman, would you still be asking this question? If not, why not?

Although the inappropriate sexual tags are generally applied to the female persuasion, i.e. whore, slut, pig etc, I have known and met many males that deserve the same title. I’m also aware that there are people who will do anything for money/drugs/sex. However I wouldn’t be into mind reading, so unless I was asked to procure a male whore for my friend, I’d sit tight.
Leigha Offline
No. Gonna agree with Syne on this one.

Is your friend discussing this with you, or do you pity your friend, and think that this is something he might want, but is too shy to request?

If he desires a relationship, I'd help him find a potentially good match on that front. I don't see anything wrong with that.

(Jun 10, 2019 06:59 PM)Secular Sanity Wrote:

If your hypothetical friend was a woman, would you still be asking this question? If not, why not?

This, too.
confused2 Offline
Wow!

First off I agree absolutely with RU about the terms I used. My defence is that was being intentionally provocative. The appropriate term should at least have been 'sex worker'.

RU Wrote:your best move would be to approach an agency and have a chat with the manager. see what she thinks and she may meet him to see what he is interested in and who might be an appropriately trained professional.

If I were (hypothetically) to proceed further that would be my next step - thank you for the suggestion.

Syne Wrote:.. be a pale comparison for genuine human companionship (which you could provide platonically), and perhaps start him down the path to a very unhealthy habit.

Syne Wrote:..And you judging him as "a complete mess" is irrelevant, and likely insulting,

I sought to introduce an element of realism to the scenario. If Griselda was doing a swipe left or right it probably wouldn't go his way.

If you were suggesting that time .. and I think you were .. you sit down with a friend and for a while you aren't alone. The truth is I miss the crazy guy - maybe I just ought to go see him a bit more often. I'm giving Syne a lot of points for his post.

I have to sleep - thanks all for your thoughts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Many opposed to abortion would still help friend or family member seeking one C C 0 66 Feb 22, 2022 12:02 AM
Last Post: C C
  Would You Vote For a Candidate if ..... Zinjanthropos 5 763 May 8, 2018 03:37 AM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos