Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Marriageable robots versus sexbots (and electrogonorrhea)

C C Offline
http://worldofweirdthings.com/2013/09/13...revisited/

EXCERPT: A while ago, I wrote about some futurists’ ideas of robot brothels and conscious, self-aware sex bots capable of entering a relationship with a human, and why marriage to an android is unlikely to become legal. [...] I wouldn’t be surprised if there are sex bots for rent [...] but robot-human marriages are a legal dead end.

[...] First, a robot, no matter how self-aware or seemingly intelligent, is not a living things capable of giving consent. It could easily be programmed to do what its owner wants it to do [...] Second [...] is that anatomically correct robots are often used as surrogates for contact with humans and are being imparted human features by an owner who is either intimidated or easily hurt by the complexities of typical human interaction.

You don’t have to take my word on the latter. Just consider this interview with an iDollator — the term sometimes used by technosexuals to identify for themselves — in which he more or less just confirms everything I said word for word....
Mr Doodlebug Offline
Marry Robots will have to be programmed to complain.
"Oh.why.haven't.you.put.out.the.bin?"
"And.why.are.you.wearing.that.old.jumper.again?"
C C Offline
(Apr 5, 2015 11:52 AM)Mr Doodlebug Wrote: Marry Robots will have to be programmed to complain. "Oh.why.haven't.you.put.out.the.bin?" "And.why.are.you.wearing.that.old.jumper.again?"

Hubby-bots will need to be adjusted for supplying such household indolence and trivial annoyances. I can see first-timers naively wanting idealized spouses, but perfection would drive those with veteran experience crazy due to habituated expectations of this and that.
Mr Doodlebug Offline
Marry Bot: (to Hubby Bot)
"I'm.leaving.you.for.another.robot.you.are so.boring.it.is.like.being.married.to.a.human.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insect-sized, flying robots + People prefer interacting with female robots in hotels C C 0 70 Feb 3, 2022 10:46 PM
Last Post: C C
  Flexible electronic fabrics and touch-sensitive robots C C 0 408 Jun 18, 2016 02:08 AM
Last Post: C C