Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Illegal alien protected from ICE 9x kills

Syne Offline
Illegal immigrant stabs California woman to death after 'sanctuary' laws protected suspect from ICE 9 times

An illegal immigrant with prior convictions and multiple arrests for offenses such as false imprisonment and battery has been taken into custody in the stabbing death of a woman in San Jose, California.

Law enforcement officials decried the state's sanctuary law as they revealed that before the murder, Santa Clara County officials ignored no less than nine U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement detainer requests for the self-professed gang member.
San Jose Police Chief Eddie Garcia revealed at a news conference that ICE had applied nine times for a detainer on Carranza, which would have allowed for the suspect to be held longer than his jail term in order to allow federal authorities time to investigate his immigration status.

But county officials ignored the repeated requests due to Santa Clara's sanctuary status, allowing Carranza to be released and commit further crimes. Garcia slammed the practice of freeing immigrant offenders rather than assisting ICE, saying, "This isn't about politics, this is about public safety."

Yazata Offline
http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=(...on:prelim)

Note in particular 8 USC 1324 B(iv) which makes harboring or shielding from detection an illegal who subsequently kills somebody a capital crime punishable by life imprisonment or the death penalty.

I would really love to see Trump's Justice Department conduct some mass arrests of sanctuary city mayors, city councilmen and police chiefs for felony violations of 8 USC 1324, asking for the death penalty where appropriate. (As it certainly seems to be in this San Jose instance.)

It's already right there in federal law. It needs to be enforced.

Note also 8 USC 1373, which seems to flat-out prohibit sanctuary jurisdictions.

http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=(...on:prelim)
Syne Offline
Well, it's the local police chief complaining about the sanctuary laws. And I'm pretty sure they do turn over murders to ICE, but apparently only once they've escalated their criminal career to that. You know, they want to make sure they allow the illegal aliens to kill before they take their legal status seriously. Not to mention all the assaults, robberies, false imprisonments, etc. that they commit, only to be loosed on our communities again.

Not a crisis, my eye.
Yazata Offline
(Mar 14, 2019 06:46 PM)Syne Wrote: Well, it's the local police chief complaining about the sanctuary laws.

The San Jose Police Chief is a snake in my opinion. But yes, you're right, the official in charge of the jails is the Santa Clara County Sheriff.

That individual obeys the local sanctuary laws, even when they are in direct violation of existing federal law (8 USC 1324). And even when 8 USC 1373 appears to say that local officials can't be prohibited from communicating with the Feds regarding individuals' immigration status. I imagine that if Deputies at the jail contacted ICE on their own initiative, they would be immediately fired by the Sheriff and perhaps even prosecuted under local and state law.

It's amazing how the assholes pick and choose which laws they are going to obey. Immigration law? Doesn't apply to our people. Federal law prohibiting sanctuary jurisdictions? Ignore them. Local and state laws ordering sanctuary jurisdictions? Those must be zealously enforced.

Quote:And I'm pretty sure they do turn over murders to ICE

Maybe after the fact. But 8 USC 1324 makes it a felony to harbor illegals or shield them from detection, whether they have committed murder or not. If somebody harbors or shields an illegal who subsequently goes on to kill somebody, that prior harboring and shielding becomes a death penalty offense.
Syne Offline
Oh, okay, I got around to reading 8 USC 1324, and you're absolutely right.

Not reporting them to ICE are "attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection" and if "resulting in the death of any person, be punished by death". Doesn't seem to matter how far removed the shielding is from a resultant death.

But then Obama should face the same fate for "encourages or induces an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States", and no doubt, some of those have killed. Or at the very least "causes serious bodily injury to, or places in jeopardy the life of, any person", which is punishable by fines, 20 years in prison, or both.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Illegal immigrants in California will be eligible for health insurance starting Jan 1 C C 0 74 Dec 30, 2023 02:07 AM
Last Post: C C
  Article (UK roundup) Good Samaritan slain + 4-year old stabbed by mom + Teen kills woman Xmas C C 0 49 Dec 28, 2023 10:29 PM
Last Post: C C
  Schumer use to be against illegal immigration Syne 8 849 Jan 11, 2019 11:04 PM
Last Post: Syne
  Illegal drugs and prostitution boost Great Britain's economy Magical Realist 0 562 Sep 14, 2015 12:58 AM
Last Post: Magical Realist