Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sign of the Times

Zinjanthropos Offline
In Ontario we have what's called the Technical Standards & Safety Authority (TSSA), a private not for profit business. They lay down the rules & provide the Codes (law) for a variety of industry. One of their divisions is Fuel. I frequently get notices from them because I am a licence holder in a certain category. Had to have one in a past profession at one time and I've kept it all this years (renewed every 2 years for a fee). Never hurts to have as many licences, certificates, degrees etc as you can get...IMHO.

Anyways someone must have alerted them to a possibility of cell phones causing an explosion when refuelling at a petrol/gas station. Maybe somebody sued and they felt obligated to inform everyone of a finding. If you think it's going to be about the danger of cell phone proximity to gasoline then you would be right in a round about way. It is and isn't but what it actually warns about is to me....A Sign of the Times

https://mailchi.mp/98395722d5ae/cell-pho...d7759b08d1
RainbowUnicorn Offline
old friend many years ago
working in gas station
watched as a guy pulled up
got out
started filling up, let go of the gas pump handle & lit up a cigarette.

he hit the all pumps stop button and called the cops

one of many crazy storys he saw unfold in a gas station
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Mar 9, 2019 01:47 AM)RainbowUnicorn Wrote: old friend many years ago
working in gas station
got out
started filling up, let go of the gas pump handle &  lit up a cigarette.

Trying to recall ever seeing anyone smoke at a fuel stop. Don’t think so. 

I remember seeing a guy pour gas from a can onto a weak fire just to get it going again. The stream of gasoline caught fire, he let go of the can but it took off like a rocket. The guy was so scared he ran away as fast as he could but the can, like a guided missile, followed him down and eventually hit him in the head after running out of propellant. Pretty funny to watch. He survived.
RainbowUnicorn Offline
(Mar 9, 2019 02:12 AM)Zinjanthropos Wrote:
(Mar 9, 2019 01:47 AM)RainbowUnicorn Wrote: old friend many years ago
working in gas station
got out
started filling up, let go of the gas pump handle &  lit up a cigarette.

Trying to recall ever seeing anyone smoke at a fuel stop. Don’t think so. 

I remember seeing a guy pour gas from a can onto a weak fire just to get it going again. The stream of gasoline caught fire, he let go of the can but it took off like a rocket. The guy was so scared he ran away as fast as he could but the can, like a guided missile, followed him down and eventually hit him in the head after running out of propellant. Pretty funny to watch. He survived.

many years ago
i stopped at a gas station to buy a drink & there was 2 people in front of me at the check out, so i turned around & watched the four-court and watched a car drive in
driver gets out lit cigarette in mouth, goes to the pump, then passes the smoke to a passenger in the back seat,through the open window. then fills up, then back seat passenger hands it back to him, he walks around the pump to the opposite side of the pump, puts his smoke out on the four-court floor 5 feet from the pump. then walks inside.

back seat passenger smoking 2 feet from the open gas tank being filled with the window open...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warning Sign? Zinjanthropos 10 301 Feb 14, 2024 10:53 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  Omicron replicates 70 times faster in airways, but lung infection less severe C C 2 87 Dec 17, 2021 09:23 PM
Last Post: Syne
  Stephen Hawking gets out the "end is near" sign again C C 12 1,344 Nov 13, 2017 09:24 PM
Last Post: Syne