Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Funny cartoons/pictures

stryder Offline
located at: West 2nd St and Highland Avenue Dixon, Il

The building actually does look like that and its near a park with a childrens play area. Which could make me allege statements similar to Musk and his Submarinal feud, but I'll refrain from doing so. Of course if you want to find the post office, they're next door so they probably just tell people to "look for the building thats shaped like a giant penis. We're not in that one, that's next door."
Zinjanthropos Offline
***Would the shadow being cast at the tip of the phallic edifice be that of the water spray. I say this because the shadows for everything else seem to be at a 45° angle from right to left towards bottom of photo. Or is it not a shadow and just a water stain, or shadow and stain combined?

Judging by the shadows the sun appears to be almost overhead for the buildings in the area but for the telephone poles and trees the shadows are more elongated, as if the sun is lower in horizon.

*** always the skeptic
C C Offline
Barring an "architect" rendering the whole of it like that from the start, might be similar to a situation like the Nazca Lines. Where it requires an aerial view for the land bounders to cognitively appreciate how their compartmental add-ons to an original core over the years have chanced to resemble such. (The Nazca Lines being another instance of deliberate design, though; it was the later mixed-cultural inhabitants and visitors who mistook them for trail markers, irregular remains of irrigation systems, etc before flight in a plane revealed them as geometric shapes.)

~
C C Offline
(Oct 24, 2018 07:45 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...=3&theater

Quote:Why did it take so long to figure out what was going on in this pic?

Tell me about it. I'm still at the "Could that be a plush cuddly toy that got mangled-up over the years?" rather than ascended to the opposite, non-Nadset meaning of horrorshow in SPCA context.

~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Existentialist snippets from cartoons Magical Realist 1 91 May 26, 2022 08:58 AM
Last Post: C C
  Happy Christmas to all yee board members(post cute xmass pictures) RainbowUnicorn 19 1,929 Dec 26, 2016 04:06 AM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  Funny things Magical Realist 5 1,371 Nov 5, 2015 11:06 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist