Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How did fundamental consciousness arise from basic chemistry?

Ostronomos Offline
The elements of life originated from stars in outer space. Hydrogen, Helium and Carbon. It is quite the conundrum to try to understand how consciousness arose from the chemistry of these basic elements. The only reasonable thing we can deduce is that consciousness is universal.
C C Offline
As computers demonstrate in a moderate to slightly unfulfilled range, there's nothing mysterious about intelligence and cognition. Just a set of specialized functions falling out of yet another complex arrangement of dynamic interactions between components. The precursors for memory, understanding, planning are the universe having the capacity for action and configurations of spatial relationships (which are fundamental and ubiquitous). So with respect to the "psych" word unit meaning mind and the latter implying thought-like operations (along with the manifestations of feelings / experiences), them panprotopsychism is at least case with respect to there being primitives that intelligence can incrementally develop from. It's just that it might seem strange to invoke that conception as a label, in similar way that it would seem strange to call molecular or particle activity "panprotobiology". Such is more likely to constitute non-living objects and processes than living objects and routines.

But when philosophers and scientists start having their restless brow wrestling over "consciousness", they're not referring to cognition so much as experience (again -- those manifestations of visual, aural, tactile, olfactory, etc phenomena and emotional / feeling states). That's a different ballgame from the standpoint that nothing (outside of fringe or cranky-looking ideas) is provided beforehand for it to incrementally develop from. There is association with neural correlates of consciousness in the brain, but without the former that results in experience being "conjured" (brute emergence) which is just more obscured dualism. (A complex enough level of algorithmic operations inviting manifestations to have congress with a physical skull rather than a certain stage of life in the womb inviting a soul to the fetal brain.)

In terms of deeper explanations in the context of "physicalism" or pursuing responsibility for appearances all the way down to whatever monism or non-dualism view which that doctrine supposedly entertains (in some formulations)... Then the so-called "qualia" would have to have something to do with the non-structural essence of the "stuff" that science structurally maps with its abstract measurements and quantitative relationships (kind of like the "paint" that shapes in a painting require to be corporeally expressed). Of course, that's just if _X_ party does want to work in the physicalism game to output whatever.

Conflating experience with any commonsense and science accepted entities, along with their spatial organization, is to reference how that system or aggregation would exist to itself "within" rather than our public abstract representations or external appearances that human reasoning concocts or perception inherently displays. Without cognition or some degree of sapience and memory, the brainless affairs would normally lack the ability to intellectually confirm that even "nothingness" was present or "absence" reigned, much less qualitative exhibitions.

~
Ostronomos Offline
(Jul 23, 2018 03:35 PM)C C Wrote: In terms of deeper explanations in the context of "physicalism" or pursuing responsibility for appearances all the way down to whatever monism or non-dualism view which that doctrine supposedly entertains (in some formulations)... Then the so-called "qualia" would have to have something to do with the non-structural essence of the "stuff" that science structurally maps with its abstract measurements and quantitative relationships (kind of like the "paint" that shapes in a painting require to be corporeally expressed). Of course, that's just if _X_ party does want to work in the physicalism game to output whatever.

Conflating experience with any commonsense and science accepted entities, along with their spatial organization, is to reference how that system or aggregation would exist to itself "within" rather than our public abstract representations or external appearances that human reasoning concocts or perception inherently displays. Without cognition or some degree of sapience and memory, the brainless affairs would normally lack the ability to intellectually confirm that even "nothingness" was present or "absence" reigned, much less qualitative exhibitions.

~

Do the abilities to plan, reason, implement desired objectives have a subconscious origin? If so what is the subconscious if not a metaphysical component of intelligent lifeforms? Consider that concepts are made tangible by reason. Would this tangibility exist after originating from within the subconscious?
Zinjanthropos Offline
Do people see what they want to see and say what they want to say? The following is an evolution of sorts, a scientific experiment that ended up being some kind of proof for God. Specifically, light being emitted from the fertilized egg at the moment of conception. Ironically it took the Catholic Register to straighten things out. But even so, it's now out there and some religious aficionados have taken it on and are even quoting scriptures that somehow knew this all along, except we just didn't understand it that way. Took me two seconds to find some proselytizer using it as proof for God et al. 

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/trasancos...conception
Ostronomos Offline
(Jul 23, 2018 04:21 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: Do people see what they want to see and say what they want to say? The following is an evolution of sorts, a scientific experiment that ended up being some kind of proof for God. Specifically, light being emitted from the fertilized egg at the moment of conception. Ironically it took the Catholic Register to straighten things out. But even so, it's now out there and some religious aficionados have taken it on and are even quoting scriptures that somehow knew this all along, except we just didn't understand it that way. Took me two seconds to find some proselytizer using it as proof for God et al. 

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/trasancos...conception

There is nothing special about the moment of conception compared to the life after conception, but this mundane event being mistaken for something of divine provenance is still not a disproof of a universal mind.
Zinjanthropos Offline
Quote:There is nothing special about the moment of conception compared to the life after conception, but this mundane event being mistaken for something of divine provenance is still not a disproof of a universal mind.

Wasn't meant to be. I had my reasons for posting it. Not this one though.......

Perhaps a universal consciousness would not make such erroneous conclusions, but those minds that are supposedly connected with it obviously have. How does the universal consciousness (UC) sort out information? Does it distribute or only gather and if I was to plug into it could I be certain that the UC had the correct bill of goods? 

Let's say God is tuned in also. My hope is that with God or not that the UC isn't a wealth of BS if you know what I mean. I mean if one doesn't know the truth then why the UC, to share erroneous data? A misinformed UC wouldn't be any different than a group of people sharing stories over beers.
Ostronomos Offline
(Jul 23, 2018 05:31 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote:
Quote:There is nothing special about the moment of conception compared to the life after conception, but this mundane event being mistaken for something of divine provenance is still not a disproof of a universal mind.

Wasn't meant to be. I had my reasons for posting it. Not this one though.......

Perhaps a universal consciousness would not make such erroneous conclusions, but those minds that are supposedly connected with it obviously have. How does the universal consciousness (UC) sort out information? Does it distribute or only gather and if I was to plug into it could I be certain that the UC had the correct bill of goods? 

Let's say God is tuned in also. My hope is that with God or not that the UC isn't a wealth of BS if you know what I mean. I mean if one doesn't know the truth then why the UC, to share erroneous data? A misinformed UC wouldn't be any different than a group of people sharing stories over beers.

Whether or not the UC is a product of material objects or vice versa, it has a role to play. It seems to read/ write physical information in order to guide the self-configuration of reality by necessity. It determines the progression of reality. An individual telor such as yourself may be absolutely essential to the utility value of the universe which is a measurable value and thus the Global Syntactic Operator i.e. the UC would be closely connected to that telor via the transitioning between dimensions. A capability that defines one's specialty.
Zinjanthropos Offline
Telesis..... it's. Like science. Each experiment designed to test new theory and give us a better understanding. Historically, science is usually wrong but there is an ongoing search for the truth. So if all.science was dialed into the UC then it's really only up to date info but unfortunately it's most likely wrong. I don't need a UC to.tell me exactly what science already does. Not.like.I'm going to get.info from an intelligence far beyond mine, so where is the need for the UC?

As a telor, did I just now.feed info into the UC questioning its real purpose or necessity? What if the consciousnesses of all, excluding yourself, that are able to connect agree with me? Perhaps that's what the UC is already saying, that it is primarily useless and should be dismantled., and that would be a result of the culmiation of knowledge culled from the greatest minds in the universe.. Fact is you and Langan don't know because you're out of the loop.

Gee, little old me offering up little tidbits to potentially vastly superior intelligent minds than possessed by anyone on Earth. Doesn't make any sense why they would even tune in let alone listen.

Gee. If I didn't know better it sounds as if the UC is for lower intelligences trying to figure reality out. Unless.of course we are top dog. But then why listen to or.heed advice.from a lower intelligence?
Ostronomos Offline
Zinjanthropos Wrote:Telesis..... it's. Like science. Each experiment designed to test new theory and give us a better understanding.  Historically, science is usually wrong but there is an ongoing search for the truth. So if all.science was dialed into the UC then it's really only up to date info but unfortunately it's most likely wrong. I don't need a UC to.tell me exactly what science already does. Not.like.I'm going to get.info from an intelligence far beyond mine, so where is the need for the UC?

On the level of human beings, the UC provides an ideal universal symbol of truth to strive towards and an ethical language for the universe so that human behavior is distinguished between absolute right and wrong. The UC can be connected to by a mapping between It and the subsystems or secondary images, thus God is manifested in a personalized form that establishes a connection to the "ideal human" via transitioning into a higher dimension. It provides the intersect between secondary images or telors and It. As we scale up in intelligence, the lifeform's specialty becomes more and more narrow due to its brain's complexity which allows it to connect to the UC by transitioning dimensions via altered states of consciousness. In such an altered state of consciousness, reality is viewed from the perspective of universal oneness. A spiritual connection to the UC in other words. And in such an event, mind influences reality.

Quote:As a telor, did I just now.feed.info into the UC questioning its real purpose or necessity?

No you did not because the dimension in which you exist in is isolated from the UC. In the higher dimension there is an absence of separation, and you will know it when you see it. 

Quote:What if the consciousnesses of all, excluding yourself, that are able to connect agree.with me?  Perhaps.that's what the UC is already saying, that it is primarily useless and should be dismantled., and that would be a result of the culmiation of knowledge culled.from the greatest minds in the universe.. Fact is you and Langan don't know because you're out of the loop.

Gee, little.old.me offering up.little.tidbits to potentially vastly superior intelligent minds than possessed by anyone on Earth. Doesn't make any sense why they would even tune in.

It is not the collective consciousness of all humans that is fed into the UC, it is the consciousness of the humans who channel spirituality during an altered state of consciousness.
Zinjanthropos Offline
Still sounds like the UC is no different than how we progress without it. To suggest humans are at a certain level UC makes me think that higher intelligences won't be bothering with us when we connect. The universe could be packed with higher intelligences than ours and their disassociation from us could be the case sans UC anyways.

As a human being does altered state include infant,  child, pre-adolescent, adolescent, juvenile, young adult, mature adult minds. Also neurotic, diseased, retarded, damaged, traumatized minds....are they not altered mind  states?