Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Cash Landrum UFO

Magical Realist Offline
Even in terms of normal unexplained ufo sightings, this ranks as one of the weirdest. What the hell was it? A real ufo? A top secret military craft? The military denies everything as usual. It remains a mystery to this day..It's a shame the women who suffered from this lost their lawsuit against the military.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xILjwQaixjk&t=198s
Zinjanthropos Offline
From my own personal UFO experiences there is nothing more I'd like to see than indisputable evidence of life on or from other worlds. Why is some evidence for things just out of reach? Despite all our wonderful technology, there still exists things with evidence for them so tantalizingly close but.never attained. For me its more bizarre than that.for which one is seeking evidence for.

Question: in all th abduction cases, has anyone stolen an alien object from UFO for later examination? If so then please relate.
C C Offline
(Jul 16, 2018 03:53 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: Even in terms of normal unexplained ufo sightings, this ranks as one of the weirdest. What the hell was it? A real ufo? A top secret military craft? The military denies everything as usual.

Skeptical ufologist Peter Brookesmith wrote: "To ufologists, the case is perhaps the most baffling and frustrating of modern times, for what started with solid evidence for a notoriously elusive phenomenon petered out in a maze of dead ends, denials, and perhaps even official deviousness."

Skeptic Proclaims the Cash-Landrum case was a "Crude Hoax"
http://www.blueblurrylines.com/2014/03/s...m-was.html

EXCERPTS: . . . The most objectionable comments were made by zoamchomsky who has made accusations (laced with insults) against Betty Cash of causing her own injuries. [...]

(zoamchomsky March 8, 2014 at 3:45 PM) That's why it's called a myth and delusion, deano, you and others believe these stories are true when there's no good reason to think that they are. [...] "You know, like Betty Cash's attention-seeking simple-minded mashup of the Maury Island hoax and the Hills' flying-saucer abduction fairy tale. Both Bettys had read a lot trashy flying-saucer magazines and watched a lot of science-fiction movies and television."

Peter Brooksmith asks him a few questions about his comments, but we are focusing on Cash-Landrum here, an excerpt:

(The Duke of Mendoza March 9, 2014 at 2:54 PM) Zoam he say: “Both Bettys had read a lot trashy flying-saucer magazines and watched a lot of science-fiction movies and television." ... If that’s the case with Betty Cash, (a) I haven’t heard of it, which isn’t necessarily significant :-) and (b) where did you get this fact(oid)?

[...] He [Zoam] had a brief reply that I considered a non-answer, and I challenged him to produce facts, or at least a hypothesis that matched the facts. I thought it was fading away, but he responded in greater detail.

[...] I thank zoam for taking the time to outline his thoughts more clearly. [...] I had hoped zoamchomsky had something solid to back up his allegations of hoax. There are some nagging inconsistincies beyond things the investigator may have inserted while trying to jazz up the case. The witnesses do make some inconsistent statements, and there are a few plot holes in their story, but I’ve found no evidence of a hoax. Still, it would be interesting to have all the “inconvenient facts” gathered in a presentation to see what mosaic picture forms. Working from memory, I don’t think it will line up to match zoam’s accusations, but we will see where this road goes…

~
Magical Realist Offline
Yeah...every skeptical debunk of a ufo sighting eventually becomes an ad hom and character assassination of the eyewitnesses. It was a hoax or they're delusional. You have to think there's an underlying hostility against these innocent people. Like they are enemies to be maligned and ostracized.
It says more about the skeptics than the eyewitnesses.
Syne Offline
Symptoms sound like selenium poisoning from Brazil nuts, and the story sounds like Munchhausen (and by proxy with the kid).
Magical Realist Offline
Colby Landrum's description of the UFO that night..It's hard to forget something like that..

http://www.blueblurrylines.com/2013/12/m...colby.html

(Jul 16, 2018 05:32 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: From my own personal UFO experiences there is nothing more I'd like to see than indisputable evidence of life on or from other worlds. Why is some evidence for things just out of reach? Despite all our wonderful technology, there still exists things with evidence for them so tantalizingly close but.never attained. For me its more bizarre than that.for which one is seeking evidence for.

Question: in all th abduction cases, has anyone stolen an alien object from UFO for later examination? If so then please relate.

Typical moving of the goalposts. Why can't they get a piece of a ufo? lol!

Quote:Symptoms sound like selenium poisoning from Brazil nuts, and the story sounds like Munchhausen (and by proxy with the kid).

Actually it sounds like exposure to ionizing radiation, especially with the skin burns.

"Over the next few days, Cash's symptoms worsened, with many large, painful blisters forming on her skin. When taken to a hospital emergency room on January 3, 1981, Clark writes, Cash "could not walk, and had lost large patches of skin and clumps of hair. She was released after 12 days, though her condition was not much better, and she later returned to the hospital for another 15 days."(Clark, 176)

The Landrums' health was somewhat better, though both suffered from lingering weakness, skin sores and hair loss.

A radiologist who examined the witnesses' medical records for MUFON wrote, "We have strong evidence that these patients have suffered secondary damage to ionizing radiation. It is also possible that there was an infrared component as well." (quoted in Clark, 176)"---
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash-Landrum_incident
Syne Offline
Selenium poisoning can present as radiation burns, with peeling and discolored skin...as well as weakness, hair loss, etc..
Magical Realist Offline
(Jul 16, 2018 09:46 PM)Syne Wrote: Selenium poisoning can present as radiation burns, with peeling and discolored skin...as well as weakness, hair loss, etc..

Uh no...selenium does not present as radiation burns and blisters. And certainly not on the exposed parts of the body only.
Zinjanthropos Offline
Took a cue from this thread and today, the first real wet and dreary day during the past month, to become acquainted with YouTube's assemblage of weird videos. I think I've covered everything from ghostly encounters to flying pterodactyls. While watching I can't help but wish that they were real and not hoaxes, as some have that disclaimer attached. One that got me wishing seriously was the video of a herd of mastadons plowing through the Siberian landscape. I really want that to be true.

Don't know why I feel this way but I would honestly be intrigued as to how they survived for last 10000 years. I think what it all comes down to is how could science explain these things if real. That would be the main reason for wishing the videos were not hoaxed. However I tip my hat to the hoaxers who for the most part do a great job.

I just find it amazing that we can create elaborate productions using modern technology but cannot use the same equipment to capture the definitive shot that would prove beyond a doubt. Like trying to make it look like a man walks through a door as if it wasn't there deserved an A for effort but alas it lacked the convincing photographic touch. After all my viewing I came to the conclusion that be it film, video or other photographic device that a picture is probably not the best thing to use to prove something.
Magical Realist Offline
Quote:I just find it amazing that we can create elaborate productions using modern technology but cannot use the same equipment to capture the definitive shot that would prove beyond a doubt.

You answered your own question. A definitive shot of a ufo is never beyond all doubt because we can create elaborate productions using modern technology. There are many clear photos of ufos. Usually these are dismissed by skeptics as fake, even when they have no evidence of fakery. It's like if the photo is blurry, they complain. And when the photo is clear they complain. There is thus never quite enough evidence to please the skeptic. Photos, eyewitness accounts, circles in the grass, radar video, and ill effects on the body. All the things ufos might be expected to leave. But just never quite enough to please the skeptic.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tumbleweed entity attacks journalist + Don't bury cash + Grim Reaper roams beaches C C 0 148 May 4, 2020 09:11 PM
Last Post: C C