Empirical Evidence for God

#1
There exists empirical evidence for God but it is spiritual in nature. God is inaccessible by nature. An analogy would be that of entering another dimension in order to reach Him. As I have stated before, I have seen God once and experienced and witnessed His presence a number of times. Each and every time was during an altered state of consciousness. Now, there is the proposition of panpsychism as a possibility. But in this experience God would be observed as a universal consciousness as opposed to being understood to be specifically a Being that goes by the name God. A general manifestation of universal awareness in other words. But specifically speaking, evidence would appear as an identity that distributes itself over reality at large. Or it may appear to be within. Either way, it would be obvious to the observer that God is real.
Reply
#2
You obviously don't understand what "empirical" means...specifically, the verifiable part.
Reply
#3
Quote:Each and every time was during an altered state of consciousness.

let me get this straight....

Consciousness is associated with the reality we are familiar with yet reality isn't truly what we think it is. Obviously you would have us need an unreal reality to have a real consciousness in order to achieve an altered state (or at least know the difference) to reach true reality. Altered is the real thing despite the fact you need a consciousness in an unreal reality to get there. So I use a false reality to get to the true reality despite having only a preconceived notion of what the true reality is. IOW I can be sure of being in the true reality even if I truly did not know what to expect. I and everyone should recognize this as such, and of course you already have. A creature who doesn't know reality when it stares him in the face under normal circumstances can be sure that he will know reality even if it's under the influence of mind altering drugs culled from the very same reality he doesn't truly know. I assume the drugs are real but not sure.

Now God who exists in this true reality that we don't know anything about, has us in a separate reality from his. Odd that we don't know ours or his reality, yet we're fully capable of recognizing that God is in 
his and we're not in the one we think we're in. If God is in his and we are in ours then when I shake hands with him, I can be sure I'm not in my reality, the one I know nothing about anyways. In fact my unknown reality gets left at the door when I step into gods reality and I can be sure it is the real deal even if I've never experienced it before. 

I think I'll stop here for now. I'm not a comedy writer but I recognize great material when I see it.
Reply
#4
Zinjanthropos Wrote:
Quote:Each and every time was during an altered state of consciousness.

let me get this straight....

Consciousness is associated with the reality we are familiar with yet reality isn't truly what we think it is. Obviously you would have us need an unreal reality to have a real consciousness in order to achieve an altered state (or at least know the difference) to reach true reality. Altered is the real thing despite the fact you need a consciousness in an unreal reality to get there.

Consciousness is carried over into the alternate dimension or altered reality. It remains intact but is more accommodating of higher order phenomenon, including God and demons.


Quote: So I use a false reality to get to the true reality despite having only a preconceived notion of what the true reality is. 

Correct. This preconceived notion of what the true reality is is of course false.

Quote:IOW I can be sure of being in the true reality even if I truly did not know what to expect. I and everyone should recognize this as such, and of course you already have.

Certain aspects are carried over such as physical objects but they are different overall.

Quote: A creature who doesn't know reality when it stares him in the face under normal circumstances can be sure that he will know reality even if it's under the influence of mind altering drugs culled from the very same reality he doesn't truly know. I assume the drugs are real but not sure.

Now you're just being ridiculous.

Quote:Now God who exists in this true reality that we don't know anything about, has us in a separate reality from his. Odd that we don't know ours or his reality, yet we're fully capable of recognizing that God is in 
his and we're not in the one we think we're in.

We find ourselves in a blind nature type of reality from birth. If we're lucky we discover God's world later on.

Quote: If God is in his and we are in ours then when I shake hands with him, I can be sure I'm not in my reality, the one I know nothing about anyways. In fact my unknown reality gets left at the door when I step into gods reality and I can be sure it is the real deal even if I've never experienced it before. 

One knows God when one sees Him.
Reply
#5
Have you ever read “Faust”?

Mephistopheles:  

Forsooth!  He serves you after strange devices:
No earthly meat or drink the fool suffices:
His spirit’s ferment far aspireth;
Half conscious of his frenzied, crazed unrest,
The fairest stars from Heaven he requireth,
From Earth the highest raptures and the best,
And all the Near and Far that he desireth
Fails to subdue the tumult of his breast


How 'bout Nietzsche? 

revised*

Life looked around and thoughtfully said: "You are not faithful enough to me.  You do not love me nearly as mush as you say.  I am not enough for you."
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Logic in classical Indian philosophy + Empirical approaches to moral character C C 0 265 Aug 6, 2016 09:23 PM
Last Post: C C



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)