Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Built in Time Delay

Zinjanthropos Offline
In no way do I believe what I'm about to write but I thought I'd type about something that happened to cross my mind. I don't claim like some people that it is true.

Was watching the movie THE LONGEST DAY the other night. In one scene a German major arrives at a forward observation post with his dog. Shortly thereafter the dog is seen leaving the bunker on his own. Minutes later the Major spots the invasion forces and in moments the Allies begin shelling the German front line defences. The story of the dog leaving is documented fact, so why did the trusted companion leave before the bombardment started? Did the dog have sixth sense that enabled it to see the future? 

There are many documented cases where animals behave oddly prior to a natural disaster taking place. But what if, and this is a big what if, animal perception operates on a time delay just like some of our favorite live TV broadcasts do but for each species of animal the delay differs? IOW time is either slowed down or sped up for some critters, depending on their built in time delay recognition.

I have read where for some smaller animals the world for them appears to be in slow motion. Could some animals be sensing time different than us? If so it might spark the end of any sixth sense talk?...lol
C C Offline
(Jun 7, 2018 01:52 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: . . . There are many documented cases where animals behave oddly prior to a natural disaster taking place. But what if, and this is a big what if, animal perception operates on a time delay just like some of our favorite live TV broadcasts do but for each species of animal the delay differs? IOW time is either slowed down or sped up for some critters, depending on their built in time delay recognition.

I have read where for some smaller animals the world for them appears to be in slow motion.

Time passes more slowly for flies, study finds
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2013...lies-study

Small Animals Live in a Slow-Motion World
https://www.scientificamerican.com/artic...ion-world/

These findings show that differences in how a mouse and an elephant sense time are not arbitrary but rather are finely tuned by interactions with their surroundings. A link between time perception, body structure and physiology suggests that different nervous systems have developed to balance pressures from the natural environment with energy conservation. Rapid perception might be essential for a hawk but would waste a whale's precious energy. As for Fido, a year really does seem longer to him than it does to you, but probably not by a factor of seven. Dogs can take in visual information at least 25 percent faster than humans—just enough to make a television show look like a series of flickering images.

Quote:Could some animals be sensing time different than us? If so it might spark the end of any sixth sense talk?...lol

Faster processing speed (more frames of consciousness during the same time interval) in conjunction with greater sensory receptivity and attunement to the environment. Plus survival instinct reactions which even primitive humans might have had to a degree, but in current lifestyle have become dormant in the "mediating between person and nature" barriers of the artificial world.

On the alternative front, of course, Rupert Sheldrake advocates Psi abilities in animals.

Scientific Heretic Rupert Sheldrake on Morphic Fields, Psychic Dogs and Other Mysteries
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/cro...mysteries/

For decades, I’ve been only dimly aware of Rupert Sheldrake as a renegade British biologist who argues that telepathy and other paranormal phenomena (sometimes lumped under the term psi) should be taken more seriously by the scientific establishment. [...] Sheldrake is terrific company. He is smart, articulate and funny. [...] There is an appealing reasonableness and gentleness in Sheldrake's manner [...] He possesses, moreover, a deep knowledge of science, including its history and philosophy (which he studied at Harvard in the 1960s). This knowledge—along with his ability to cite detailed experimental evidence for his claims--make Sheldrake a formidable defender of his outlook. [...] I remain a psi doubter; my doubt was reinforced by psychologist Susan Blackmore, a psi believer-turned-skeptic whom I interviewed for my 2003 book Rational Mysticism. But now and then I still doubt my doubt. [...] Sheldrake—I think even his most adamant critics will agree--is a fascinating scientific figure. I was thus delighted when he agreed to the following email interview.

- - -

Animals are not predictors of disaster because similar behavior is not always due to an impending catastrophe
https://www.scienceabc.com/eyeopeners/ca...sters.html

Humans are able to hear sounds that are in the range of 20 hertz to 20,000 kilohertz; any sound outside of this range is essentially undetectable to us. However, certain animals, like dogs, elephants, bats, and deer transcend the boundaries of this range when it comes to hearing, which is why they appear to have this sixth sense.

- - -

Your dog knows an earthquake is coming before you do
https://gizmodo.com/5833733/how-your-dog...ore-you-do

But there's nothing supernatural or sixth sense about it. Seismologists think animals sense an electrical signal generated by the movement of underground rocks before an earthquake. Or they might sense early but weak shocks that humans can't feel. Even the U.S. Geological Survey concedes that animals likely perceive earthquakes sooner than humans: "Very few humans notice the smaller P wave that travels the fastest from the earthquake source and arrives before the larger S wave. But many animals with more keen senses are able to feel the P wave seconds before the S wave arrives." P or primary waves are seismic waves of energy preceding a tremor. They travel faster than S or secondary waves, which are the ones that cause damage during an earthquake. Some advance warning systems can detect P waves 60 to 90 seconds before shaking starts, kind of the way we see lightening before we hear thunder.

- - -

Bio-Mimetics of Disaster Anticipation
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4495514/

It has been argued that earthquakes are not frequent enough to explain evolution of an earthquake sense in animals. Why should insects and birds also be frightened by earthquakes? Nevertheless, we have discovered a surprising parallelism to animal behaviour before strong storms. Animals may sense signals, which suggest the arrival of a severe weather condition. As a consequence, cave and burrow dwelling animals escape into the open air in an attempt to avoid supposed flooding of their habitat. Insects may flee from large rain drops and hail. Domestic animals may try to avoid their pens due to the presence of an oppressive air or because they prefer to feed before the expected arrival of severe weather. However many questions remain unanswered. Chinese scientists, who participated in the earthquake prediction program admitted that they do not have reliable explanations for the abnormal animal behaviour before earthquakes. Their plan simply was to gather information on an empirical basis over a long time period.

~
Zinjanthropos Offline
Thanks CC. Earthquakes and tsunamis aside , how.would.a dog sense battleship cannon fire is imminent?  Has anyone ever documented an absence of animal life in an area about.to become a human battlefield ?  

I think it would get paranormalist attention if for.instance an event has already happened and.for a.dog it  has already been glimpsed but we haven't experienced it yet. Predeterminists might also like time.delay to confirm their own suspicions. Computer simulation anyone?
C C Offline
(Jun 7, 2018 07:36 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: Thanks CC. Earthquakes and tsunamis aside , how.would.a dog sense battleship cannon fire is imminent?  Has anyone ever documented an absence of animal life in an area about.to become a human battlefield ? 

For a science explanation, would again have to be greater range and sensitivity to vibrations and receptivity to other environmental clues. Granting that dogs have indeed exhibited such in war conditions to a degree which resists classification as coincidences.

If there's any documentation, hard to dig up. Moral and administrative concerns about the the protection of animals during warfare indicates they apparently hang around in great numbers. Wink

~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Enigmatic canal-filled ruins may have been above water when built C C 0 96 Dec 23, 2022 05:29 PM
Last Post: C C