Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My dear human subjects I have some advice...

Ostronomos Offline
Place your ability to relate to people ahead of your personal convictions. A true warrior makes his surroundings adapt to him, not the other way around. The coward waits and hopes that his surroundings will bring something he can adapt to. Strength in persistence is something geniuses rarely show with respect to this.

Peace and prosperity to all,

Ostronomos.
Magical Realist Offline
Are you saying it is better to be kind than to be right?
Zinjanthropos Offline
(May 26, 2018 05:15 PM)Ostronomos Wrote: Place your ability to relate to people ahead of your personal convictions. A true warrior makes his surroundings adapt to him, not the other way around. The coward waits and hopes that his surroundings will bring something he can adapt to. Strength in persistence is something geniuses rarely show with respect to this.

Peace and prosperity to all,

Ostronomos.

So, is one better than the other?

If a true warrior attempts to make his surroundings adapt and for example is banned from a forum s/he uses to accomplish the task then would they be considered a coward by waiting for reinstatement that will never come? However if persistent failed attempts to succeed in their quest for reinstatement occur then by committing those actions they are  eliminated from the genius pool?
C C Offline
My only question (to nobody in particular), is when did adages and platitudes become an ongoing feature of the General Science subforum? As opposed to General Discussion, arts & lit, MR's quote thread, etc? If there was even a single word about either science or an indirect reference to a discipline or activity therein -- or some contorted attempt / suggestion of connecting to such in the title -- I might otherwise applaud the opportunistic exploitation. Wink

~
Ostronomos Offline
(May 27, 2018 03:17 PM)C C Wrote: My only question (to nobody in particular), is when did adages and platitudes become an ongoing feature of the General Science subforum? As opposed to General Discussion, arts & lit, MR's quote thread, etc? If there was even a single word about either science or an indirect reference to a discipline or activity therein -- or some contorted attempt / suggestion of connecting to such in the title -- I might otherwise applaud the opportunistic exploitation. Wink

~

Photons can decide whether or not to reflect off of a reflective surface in wave-particle experiments, QED is evidence of this. Would this support photon consciousness?
Syne Offline
Proselytizers go where the eyes are. They don't care if it's relevant. They just spam away.
Zinjanthropos Offline
(May 27, 2018 07:48 PM)Ostronomos Wrote:
(May 27, 2018 03:17 PM)C C Wrote: My only question (to nobody in particular), is when did adages and platitudes become an ongoing feature of the General Science subforum? As opposed to General Discussion, arts & lit, MR's quote thread, etc? If there was even a single word about either science or an indirect reference to a discipline or activity therein -- or some contorted attempt / suggestion of connecting to such in the title -- I might otherwise applaud the opportunistic exploitation. Wink

~

Photons can decide whether or not to reflect off of a reflective surface in wave-particle experiments, QED is evidence of this. Would this support photon consciousness?

To complete the daily double CC, you have Ostro's scientific response and I will now give you the adage...' be careful what you wish for because you just might get it.'  Big Grin

As for proselytizing..... why is it nearly every time a certain Sciforums wannabe posts, I think of the time I witnessed a man deliver a filibuster as Christ/Moses(?) complete with robe and sandals? I had read about Jerusalem Syndrome before but never thought I'd actually see/hear it.... I stopped and listened for a bit and never once thought it was funny, satirical or proselytizing, only a poor old deranged man with not much else left in the tank..... I pitied that guy and as I mentioned, I get reminded of him frequently.