Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Humans are underrated - Elon Musk (!)

confused2 Offline
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2...production

The electric car maker’s chief executive said that one of the reasons Tesla has struggled to reach promised production volumes was because of the company’s “excessive automation”.

Asked whether robots had slowed down production, rather than speeding it up, during a tour around Tesla’s factory by CBS, Musk replied: “Yes, they did … We had this crazy, complex network of conveyor belts … And it was not working, so we got rid of that whole thing.”

“Yes, excessive automation at Tesla was a mistake. To be precise, my mistake. Humans are underrated,” Musk added later.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like to think us organics have a degree of flexibility that mechanicals will find hard to match for the foreseeable future.

I note in passing that the aliens haven't yet mastered the art of generating plausible Earth names.
C C Offline
(Apr 21, 2018 11:46 PM)confused2 Wrote: I like to think us organics have a degree of flexibility that mechanicals will find hard to match for the foreseeable future.

Yep. The curse of things that are fabricated according to a literal formal plan, rather than being sloppily crafted by the actual environmental constraints they'll be abiding in. Generalized only after the fact as some orderly-sounding process called "evolution" or "design without understanding".

~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Meet the Man Who Has Been Working on Elon Musk’s Neural Lace (interview) C C 0 480 Apr 8, 2018 06:11 PM
Last Post: C C
  Round 2 - 'Elon Musk Is Wrong: We Aren't Living in a Simulation' C C 2 836 Jun 30, 2016 04:53 AM
Last Post: C C