Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Toothpaste not preventing dental erosion

elte Offline
Quote:The rising prevalence of dental erosion and dentin hypersensitivity has led to the emergence of more toothpastes that claim to treat these problems. While no such toothpaste existed 20 years ago, today, many such brands are available.  

Quote:    According to the article, published in Scientific Reports, all of the tested toothpastes caused different amounts of enamel surface loss, and none of the toothpastes afforded protection against enamel erosion and abrasion.    

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-03-t...ivity.html

Been using baking soda to raise my oral PH because calcium carbonate wasn't effective enough. Also, had the hope that calcium carbonate would enhance tooth structure.  I considered calcium hydroxide but decided against it after learning that extended use makes the dentin brittle.   Still using calcium carbonate with the baking soda but want to substitute calcium phosphate because that might strengthen teeth better than calcium carbonate.  Also, still using Pepsodent as the third item.  Then during brushing with the Colgate Classic multilevel toothbrush, I use Crest ProHealth.