Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Something on leafy greens

elte Offline
I try to eat a portion of my daily leafy greens raw.  However,  within the past few years, there has often been something unappealing on them, some kind of chemical that often is rather nauseating when in great enough concentration.  It is very resistant to washing off.   Basically  it only comes off after considerable cooking.  Then if a good whiff is taken during cooking, a strong odor blast of it can hit the nose and lungs.  Everyone I contacted seems quite unknowledgeable about it.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-03-c...-safe.html
Leigha Offline
I eat kale and spinach raw, every day. I mix it with protein and banana shakes, with a little almond milk and ice.
elte Offline
I have been eating kale with walnuts, and collard greens with peanut butter, the natural kind that comes with oil on top when the jar is first opened.  I eat it with a spoon and don't mix the oil in.   I just dig out the peanut butter from under the oil and gradually use up the oil, too, with the the peanut butter beneath.
Leigha Offline
Collard greens and peanut butter. Together? Blush
elte Offline
Somehow it occurred to me try it and then it seems I was hooked right away.  I checked
and saw that there were others that have thought of it too. There used to be a thing about putting peanut butter on celery that goes way back in time, way before the Internet, but I don't think that tastes good at all.  But I really like taking a bite of collards and then a small amount of peanut butter off the spoon, and it seems best to chew the collards some first before adding in the peanut butter.