Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

95 y/o Stan Lee accused of sexual misconduct (superhero community)

C C Offline
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/01/09/s...legations/

EXCERPT: The wave of #MeToo and #TimesUp movements against sexual misconduct in entertainment has washed over a new industry icon: Stan Lee, co-creator of Marvel Comics.

As much as this headline will hurt a lot of geek culture fans, it is nonetheless true: multiple women have come forward to accuse the ninety-five-year-old Lee of sexual misconduct, with the comic book guru making a statement through his legal team that the accusations are "categorically" false.

As Daily Mail reports, Lee has been accused of the following by in-house nurses working at his West Hollywood home:

* Stan Lee is accused of sex abuse by a nursing company employed to care for him (for upwards of $1,000/day), and stopped working with him after a string of complaints.
* Young female nurses complained he demanded oral sex from them, groped them, and walked around naked.
* Lee's lawyers have sent a cease and desist letter to the company which employs the women, accusing it of defaming Lee.

Here's the official statement from Stan Lee by way of his lawyer, Tom Lallas...

MORE: http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/01/09/s...legations/

- - -
Magical Realist Offline
Well crap..Should we boycott all Marvel productions now? I'm a big fan of Agents of Shield.
Syne Offline
(Jan 10, 2018 01:51 AM)Magical Realist Wrote: I'm a big fan of Agents of Shield.

#MeToo

As far as I understand, Lee only gets paid for his cameos. He doesn't own the rights to any of the characters he created under contract to Marvel.
Zinjanthropos Offline
Quote:I'm a big fan of Agents of Shield.

I'm a fan of nurses. 

Sounds like Stan favors the Head Nurse.
Yazata Offline
If you're 95 years old, you should get a medal for 'sexual misconduct'.
stryder Offline
It's not unusual for people in nursing homes to be lewd to nursing staff, so it's possibly true, however it's also possible that it's just a cash grab.

Notably in the article, there is a mention that Stan Lee was a victim of a $300,000.00 checking fraud, it's possible that even that could of been down to a rogue nurse on his payroll, so their might also be the usage of defamation in retaliation for catching them at it. The problem there however is it's information that wouldn't be made public since it would be a private case.

Where he did or didn't, there is always the potential to use CCTV and the knowledge of such to curb some wayward behaviour or at least protect nurses handling such jobs. That however requires a company to be compliant with privacy since anything recorded isn't there for smearing people publicly but there to protect the staff and even the client.
C C Offline

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you're bigger, it could be sexual harrassment Syne 9 1,212 Dec 31, 2018 05:26 AM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos
  The blind interviewing the blind (sexual misconduct community) C C 1 332 Apr 28, 2018 04:36 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist