Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

So, Eclipse Boomtowns, How’d It Go?

Magical Realist Offline
They used to celebrate a solar event every year called the Winter Solistice. Look what that turned into!
elte Offline
I just found out there was a quick double eclipse of the sun on the day of the Great American Eclipse.

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap170828.html

The 2024 eclipse will be more spectacular for a lot of people than the Great American Eclipse was. However, April tends to be stormier and cloudier, though.  That could obscure a lot of people's view of that next eclipse in 2024 in the USA.
Zinjanthropos Offline
Out here in the country it got to looking like peering through tinted glass. My wife was reading something that said crickets have been known to chirp during an eclipse and almost as if on cue, they started. That was the highlight, other than my pinhole cardboard box projector was a hit with the neighbourhood. I followed a YouTube video and had success making one.
elte Offline
That was similar to how the people at the library liked the eclipse image projection from one side of my binoculars onto a white envelope.

At 90% sun blockage, I didn't notice any changes in wildlife behavior, but the next one could be different when the moon will block about 99.85% of the sun here at peak eclipse.

_______

Thank you Secular Sanity.