Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

(doomsday hobbies) If a nuclear bomb explodes, this is emergency kit

C C Offline
http://www.sciencealert.com/if-a-nuclear...hould-have

EXCERPT: We're not expecting the worst, but it's easy to be prepared. [...] Should a nuclear blast occur near your city or town, and you somehow avoided its skin-searing flash of light, crushing shockwaves, and incendiary fireball, take shelter immediately (read our full fallout survival guide here) and have a few items handy in your emergency kit. [...] "This isn't just for the nuclear holocaust event," Buddemeier said. "This is for general emergency preparedness, and making sure that you and your family can be safe in an emergency." But if you're in a pinch for time or can't get to your kit, he said you should grab a few basics while you run for cover from radioactive fallout. Why you should prepare to hunker down for 24-48 hours...

- - -
Magical Realist Offline
Thankfully there is overlap with this emergency kit and my present earthquake kit except for the dust mask and the radio. The idea was to use my car for cooking and radio, but if I have to wait for the fallout to finish, I guess I'll need a portable. Hell I have a boombox..that should do. I'm going to run out of disasters to prepare for. What else? Asteroid impact? Worldwide viral pandemic? Gamma ray burst? Am I not a child of the angst of our time? Live for today folks. Then die a good death. It's about all we can do.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Silent Earth" is long on bias, short on science (doomsday games) C C 0 54 Oct 12, 2021 04:44 PM
Last Post: C C