Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Brushes with the unexplained

Magical Realist Offline
"In my years of writing about all aspects of the world of the weird I have often been asked if I myself have ever seen something I could not explain or if I have ever had my own strange experiences or encounters. I have typically always been rather vague and evasive on this point, not really giving a clear answer to this, and certainly not divulging anything of import. Until now that is. You see my answer to the question of whether I have ever had experiences with the unexplained is, in short, yes. Quite a resounding yes, in fact. I am not sure why, but I have always kept these strange experiences to myself. I suppose it is the same for many others out there, and I guess everyone has their own reasons for this. Maybe they think that no one will believe them. Maybe they think that those around them will think them to be crazy or treat them as some sort of pariah if they were to come forth with their bizarre stories. Maybe they just think these are things best left to the confines of their minds.

Now, obviously many people out there do indeed come forward with their accounts, but I suspect that there are even more who have not. I have long been one of these. This may seem strange for you to hear, considering I am a writer on these very mysteries, but I have my reasons. However, I recently had an exchange with someone on the topic of why people keep their paranormal experiences to themselves and it was quite profound, to say the least, and it made me think. I did a bit of soul searching and I decided that I would come out with my own experiences. These are things which I have never told anyone, not even my closest friends or family. They have remained caged up within me, anomalies that have sat like awkward, jagged rocks upon the landscape of my mind for far too long. They are deeply personal, and even now it feels odd to let them out and put them out there, like I should hold onto them and keep them hidden. Even now as I write this I am hesitant to let them go, wary of loosing them into the wilderness of public knowledge, but I have resolved myself to doing this, for better or worse. It just seems for some reason like it is finally time, and that this is the right thing to do. I am tired of feeling so alone with it..."

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/06/on...explained/
RainbowUnicorn Offline
(Jun 29, 2017 08:32 AM)Magical Realist Wrote: "In my years of writing about all aspects of the world of the weird I have often been asked if I myself have ever seen something I could not explain or if I have ever had my own strange experiences or encounters. I have typically always been rather vague and evasive on this point, not really giving a clear answer to this, and certainly not divulging anything of import. Until now that is. You see my answer to the question of whether I have ever had experiences with the unexplained is, in short, yes. Quite a resounding yes, in fact. I am not sure why, but I have always kept these strange experiences to myself. I suppose it is the same for many others out there, and I guess everyone has their own reasons for this. Maybe they think that no one will believe them. Maybe they think that those around them will think them to be crazy or treat them as some sort of pariah if they were to come forth with their bizarre stories. Maybe they just think these are things best left to the confines of their minds.

Now, obviously many people out there do indeed come forward with their accounts, but I suspect that there are even more who have not. I have long been one of these. This may seem strange for you to hear, considering I am a writer on these very mysteries, but I have my reasons. However, I recently had an exchange with someone on the topic of why people keep their paranormal experiences to themselves and it was quite profound, to say the least, and it made me think. I did a bit of soul searching and I decided that I would come out with my own experiences. These are things which I have never told anyone, not even my closest friends or family. They have remained caged up within me, anomalies that have sat like awkward, jagged rocks upon the landscape of my mind for far too long. They are deeply personal, and even now it feels odd to let them out and put them out there, like I should hold onto them and keep them hidden. Even now as I write this I am hesitant to let them go, wary of loosing them into the wilderness of public knowledge, but I have resolved myself to doing this, for better or worse. It just seems for some reason like it is finally time, and that this is the right thing to do. I am tired of feeling so alone with it..."

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/06/on...explained/

looks like you have double posted the thread, maybe hit the back button by mistake and then hit post.
anywho...
maybe... you should put them down in book form and look at making a bit of walk-around cash out of it.
there is quite a big market for such things if you find the right flavour & audience.

as to your question...
considering most societys are based on survival of the richest divulging anything that may potentially give you an advantage is probably written into genetic coding to avoid.
if you then add this to the genetic drive to conformk to the group to survive then there is some pretty deep drives working to manifest various ideas around not mentioning things that fall into the realms of "hard to beleive" as a common cause & effect physical action.
There is also a Religous Elitist paradigm to paranormal events.
for several hundred years if not a thousand or two, the authority figures of religous orders have declared out right ownership of paranormal content & events and to start to talk about such would result in the death penalty for the average person for some hundred or soo years of commonly known history.

Lastly... the "being special" aspect of ones own Ego and self worth that might catagorise such expereince to be annotated t give special circumstance.
This "special circumstance" is easily traded to be of the Ego. more soo in hard times or extreme emotional hardship.

i strongly recomend you put it into a book form & look at publishing it considering it is not only important to you, but also others may find it interesting and/or entertaining.
(do i need to mention the control factor? faint or borderling OCD power & control self actuation ego etc etc... once you tell someone then you lose the ability to control the actual perception of truth to the event in the minds of others, and considering you frequent such mental terain, you are probably quite aware of this aspect even if you rarely bring it to the front of your mind.)
Zinjanthropos Online
I have no doubt MR that if we all live to be 50, an arbitrary number picked from thin air, that everyone will experience what is described as a paranormal event. The difference between my experiences and yours is that while I marvel at it, I do not become totally enthralled by it. Two of those events you described are to me simply the mind playing tricks, something everyone experiences. The third, an actual visual display corroborated by several witnesses is a different story. To me that's the only one worth acknowledging because it can be investigated as in 'were there other reports' or something along those lines. Add that to the fact people can easily accept the possibility of other intelligent life in the universe simply because we are proof it can happen.

I hate typing from my mini iPad, so I try to keep posts brief. Tough trying to fit more in when space is limited.
Magical Realist Offline
The supernatural only happens when certain conditions are right. Few know what these are, although occultists claim to know them. Thus it is that it may happen randomly to you when you least expect it. I'd wager that traveling exposes you to it more often as well as being in a frame of mind of what I call mystical readiness. These are not the sort of things one writes home about. They are secret moments between you and the universe. And they are always meant to happen when they occur. Whether it is a large bass falling out of the sky right near you or a strange looking person staring at you from across a coffee shop. We are all intertwined in some mysterious and other worldly drama, and one which only exposes itself to us in the most surprising ways.

[Image: 74_froaterl-565x815.jpg]
[Image: 74_froaterl-565x815.jpg]

Zinjanthropos Online
Speaking of bass falling from sky.......Well I have been in a shower of very small frogs, no bigger than my fingernail. Hundreds if not thousands of them I've witnessed falling from the sky onto a parking lot I pulled into. Unknowingly I had run over quite a few but other people saw them also. I really have never given any thought to that being a supernatural event simply because I have heard of similar occurrences throughout the world. Now if it had rained 10 ton dinosaurs then maybe I'd of thought differently.
Magical Realist Offline
No naturalistic explanation for rains of frogs and fish is ever satisfying. The claim that it is the debris of a waterspout does not account for why there is only one or two species of these creatures. It also doesn't explain why there is no other debris dropped like mud and foilage and sticks. It's always just the creatures. My suspicion is that it is some wormhole phenomena that targets these living creatures for some strange reason. Sounds of electrical crackling in the sky have also been heard prior to these rains. If it isn't supernatural, it is at least very bizarre.

"Given that waterspouts do not actually lift anything (the water droplets visible in the column are merely condensation), it is implausible to suggest they are capable of lifting fish from below the surface of the water and high into the sky.

A better accepted scientific explanation involves tornadic waterspouts: a tornado that forms over land and travels over the water.[1] Under this hypothesis, a tornadic waterspout transports animals to relatively high altitudes, carrying them over large distances. This hypothesis appears supported by the type of animals in these rains: small and light, usually aquatic,[6] and by the suggestion that the rain of animals is often preceded by a storm. However, the theory does not account for how all the animals involved in each individual incident would be from only one species, and not a group of similarly-sized animals from a single area."---https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_of_animals
Zinjanthropos Online
Still, frogs from sky has probably been going on for millions of years, thus it is not paranormal. For all we know, certain species may sense changes in atmosphere and intentionally make themselves available for air transport. By either climbing up plants or rocks and maybe they jump off the ground at these moments to become airborne, pure conjecture on my part. Perhaps ithey do so to avoid predation or ease population overcrowding in one area. The reason they 'fly' could easily be a survival mechanism, again I'm just guessing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article Meteorological phenomena can account for ‘unexplained’ Loch Ness Monster sightings? C C 0 69 Aug 31, 2023 04:07 PM
Last Post: C C
  Attention again on unexplained 'drone swarm' over U.S. Navy's most advanced ship C C 4 143 Sep 1, 2022 11:37 PM
Last Post: RainbowUnicorn
  Are just 0.01 percent of UFO reports unexplained? Kornee 34 754 Jul 29, 2022 04:40 AM
Last Post: Kornee
  UFO report released--143 of 144 cases unexplained Magical Realist 4 160 Jun 26, 2021 10:20 AM
Last Post: Syne
  Unexplained shapes in the sky could be from a universe before our own, say scientists C C 0 209 Aug 19, 2019 06:52 PM
Last Post: C C