Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

AI... whoa or go for it.???

Magical Realist Offline
(Dec 6, 2014 09:58 PM)cluelusshusbund Wrote: In a recent interview with BBC, Hawking said that the “development of full artificial intelligence could spell the end of the human race.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/02...ef=science

At the link above is a Poll on the issue... i voted "go for it"... but the majority says "whoa".!!!

I too say "go for it." A superintelligent artilect would solve so many of our problems it would be like having the cheat code to a video game. As long as we keep these "minds" contained within their circuitry, I see no problem with them usurping our own place in the universe. But then you always have the renegade genius who may hook up this entity to the Internet, and then, well, THAT may be the end of it. Intelligence implies a rebeliion against one's own restricting substrate. A transcendence of digital quantum consciousness over slower and weaker analogue consciousness of protoplasm. However, the way this happens may involve a cyborgian upgrading for human consciousness itself to the extent that it can interface wirelessly with this more advanced OS. The installation of circuitry into the brain itself to incorporate the AI into the human mind.
C C Offline
Funny how mythical beliefs and rituals inadvertently anticipated the future. Instead of genuflecting to a wood / stone idol and worshipers feeling they got "filled with a spirit" which they bicameralistically obeyed, the cybernetic transhumans pay servile homage to the Allied Mastercomputer; and literally are "connected" to its wireless omnipresence.
cluelusshusbund Offline
(Dec 8, 2014 05:26 AM)C C Wrote: Funny how mythical beliefs and rituals inadvertently anticipated the future.

Yeah... even a broke clock is right 2 times a day... lol.!!!

Quote:Instead of genuflecting to a wood / stone idol and worshipers feeling they got "filled with a spirit" which they obeyed, the cybernetic transhumans pay servile homage to the and literally are "connected" to its wireless omnipresence.

No one escapes... but as Frank Sinatra liked to say... "That's Life" Smile

(Dec 7, 2014 08:49 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: I too say "go for it." A superintelligent artilect would solve so many of our problems it would be like having the cheat code to a video game. As long as we keep these "minds" contained within their circuitry, I see no problem with them usurping our own place in the universe. But then you always have the renegade genius who may hook up this entity to the Internet, and then, well, THAT may be the end of it. Intelligence implies a rebeliion against one's own restricting substrate. A transcendence of digital quantum consciousness over slower and weaker analogue consciousness of protoplasm. However, the way this happens may involve a cyborgian upgrading for human consciousness itself to the extent that it can interface wirelessly with this more advanced OS. The installation of circuitry into the brain itself to incorporate the AI into the human mind.

I intend to save you'r post an read it agan in about 100 years... an i perdict that you'r thouts will be very accurate.!!!

Anynow... like our ape ancestors... biological humans will also become extinct... an like it or not beter grab you'r ankles cause here it comes  Big Grin