Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Only 52% of young Europeans regard democracy as the best form of government

C C Offline
https://www.tui-stiftung.de/en/media/you...oundation/

EXCERPT: For three out of four young Europeans, the core of the European Union (EU) is not its shared values, but rather economic cooperation. More than one in three want the EU to return political power to national governments. One in every five thinks that their country should leave the EU. And only half of young Europeans regard democracy as the best form of government.

These are among the findings of the European Youth Study, commissioned by Germany’s TUI Foundation, conducted by YouGov and launched in Berlin today, Thursday 4 May. The survey, which polled 6,000 young people aged between 16 and 26 in seven EU countries – France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Poland, Spain and the UK – provides new insights into how the younger generation feels about Europe....
Syne Offline
How much democratic freedom have they really experienced? Maybe a break from centralized EU control would turn those opinions around.
RainbowUnicorn Offline
(May 5, 2017 05:40 AM)C C Wrote: https://www.tui-stiftung.de/en/media/you...oundation/

EXCERPT: For three out of four young Europeans, the core of the European Union (EU) is not its shared values, but rather economic cooperation. More than one in three want the EU to return political power to national governments. One in every five thinks that their country should leave the EU. And only half of young Europeans regard democracy as the best form of government.

These are among the findings of the European Youth Study, commissioned by Germany’s TUI Foundation, conducted by YouGov and launched in Berlin today, Thursday 4 May. The survey, which polled 6,000 young people aged between 16 and 26 in seven EU countries – France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Poland, Spain and the UK – provides new insights into how the younger generation feels about Europe....

alt-right (christian conservative) think tank study says what ?
C C Offline
(May 6, 2017 01:17 AM)RainbowUnicorn Wrote: alt-right (christian conservative) think tank study says what ?

Nah... Christian Rapp seems to be a name rather than some church's hip-hop band residing in an old mobile home across from its Meme Factory. Wink

I'd never have known about the study if DW News hadn't featured it yesterday (Anglophone version, Brent Goff anchor). Believe me, "open the gates" Angela Merkel's regime is far removed from the Germany you're remembering.
RainbowUnicorn Offline
(May 6, 2017 02:12 AM)C C Wrote:
(May 6, 2017 01:17 AM)RainbowUnicorn Wrote: alt-right (christian conservative) think tank study says what ?

Nah... Christian Rapp seems to be a name rather than some church's hip-hop band residing in an old mobile home across from its Meme Factory. Wink

I'd never have known about the study if DW News hadn't featured it yesterday (Anglophone version, Brent Goff anchor). Believe me, "open the gates" Angela Merkel's regime is far removed from the Germany you're remembering.

ok i will take the bait.
here it is

https://www.tui-stiftung.de/en/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TUI_Group

http://www.tuigroup.com/de-de

http://www.tuigroup.com/en-en/about-us/about-tui-group
Quote: TUI Group is the world’s number one tourism business. From now on, the broad portfolio gathered under the Group umbrella will consist of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, six touristic airlines with around 150 aircraft, over 300 hotels with 214,000 beds, 14 cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe

soo... let us re-cap shall we ?
what is a very large corporate business interested in doing ?
keeping on side of the alt-right political scene and not upsetting or openly supporting the alt-left.

soo a study that finds that the majority of young travellers are not interested in politics really plays into their corporate model for privatisation of governance.

have i missed anything ?
(i am not critiquing the company as an employer or a brand.)
however them sponsoring a political survey is for what ends ?
do they seek to provide education to those young people about how politics works and the benefits of an open liberal democracy ?
i hope so because that would be outstanding.(however the cinic in me ponders there is a less benevolent intent. i hope i am wrong in that)
C C Offline
(May 6, 2017 11:10 PM)RainbowUnicorn Wrote: soo... let us re-cap shall we ? what is a very large corporate business interested in doing ?
keeping on side of the alt-right political scene and not upsetting or openly supporting the alt-left. Soo a study that finds that the majority of young travellers are not interested in politics really plays into their corporate model for privatisation of governance.

have i missed anything ? (i am not critiquing the company as an employer or a brand.) however them sponsoring a political survey is for what ends ? do they seek to provide education to those young people about how politics works and the benefits of an open liberal democracy ? i hope so because that would be outstanding.(however the cinic in me ponders there is a less benevolent intent. i hope i am wrong in that)

Yah, regardless of which side of the political fence -- a study can have flaws and its benefactor could sport underlying, covert agendas. But I'll often deliberately select items dispensed by SJW-blessed sources due to the potential of such receiving far less challenge / noise from that sector (in contrast to, say, brief revelations or results presented in a Trump tweet or from Fox News).

The TUI Foundation's projects (as referenced at the bottom) feature a rich array of "goodthink" expressions common in current southpaw preaching manuals. Assistance to refugees and the socially disadvantaged, assorted cooperative dialogues and cultural fence-mendings, pro-EU stance, etc.

One word which might be lightly construed as crimethink is "unemployment". But the latter was only recently co-opted by populist fronts; it's still very much a traditional element of southpaw concerns / propaganda except when it pertains to joblessness among white working-class males.

That the study was featured on Deutsche Welle is alone tantamount to the TUI Foundation receiving political approval (from the left). It puts the organization on the same footing as any social-goodwill offshoots of these business institutions. Which likewise are sacred SJW totems (if going by that opinion piece, anyway).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cancelled cell-phone study: Big Tech-Federal government conspiracy or sound science? C C 0 27 Feb 10, 2024 07:58 AM
Last Post: C C
  Can democracy work on the internet? Leigha 0 100 Aug 19, 2021 09:30 PM
Last Post: Leigha
  The Coronavirus Bill would hand government frightening new powers (UK community) C C 0 306 Mar 21, 2020 01:38 AM
  Call for Government to act: Study finds most packaged food unhealthy (NZ community) C C 0 217 Aug 17, 2019 07:54 PM
  Brazil's supposed 'racial democracy' has a dire problem with online racism C C 0 302 Aug 7, 2018 08:53 PM
  Dysfunctional government of US shifts power to the judicial branch C C 0 480 Jun 23, 2016 11:31 PM
  Return Flight: Why A Young Iraqi Left Germany After Only 100 Days C C 0 457 May 8, 2016 03:15 AM