Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sunscreen

elte Offline
I mixed up homemade sunscreen and am presently trying it out.  I haven't felt comfortable with available products.  The stuff I made is just zinc oxide and water.  Right now, it is mixed about one part zinc oxide to about five parts water.  I may try mixing up a thicker batch later.

Application is done by wetting the skin with water before applying it to allow smoother and more even application.
RainbowUnicorn Offline
(May 2, 2017 03:44 PM)elte Wrote: I mixed up homemade sunscreen and am presently trying it out.  I haven't felt comfortable with available products.  The stuff I made is just zinc oxide and water.  Right now, it is mixed about one part zinc oxide to about five parts water.  I may try mixing up a thicker batch later.

Application is done by wetting the skin with water before applying it to allow smoother and more even application.

[Image: thumbs-up-sign.png]
[Image: thumbs-up-sign.png]

C C Offline
Sounds great, especially if the homemade should be cheaper than generic store brands.
elte Offline
Thank you RainbowUnicorn and C C. It seems like it should be cheaper too, although maybe not compared to dollar store offerings. Then however, there could be greater satisfaction that one understands the ingredients.