Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Medium gallery reading

Magical Realist Offline
Attended a medium reading last night at my paranormal pub night. I was totally open. Ankhasha Amenti. Touted as an official Windbridge Certified Medium Level 5! Boasts she lives in a real castle north of Seattle. She did the thing John Edwards basically does---tunes into random dead people and waits for audience members to identify them by the details she discloses. That disappointed me. Though she eschews cold reading and said she couldn't even see the audience members due to the stage lights, she was directly modifying her narrative in response to the audience members' feedback.

Medium: "I'm getting a school..like an elementary school. Does that make sense to you?"

Audience member: "Well, he did like school."

Next session..

Medium:"I'm getting a Jack."

Audience member:"That was my father."

Medium:"And I see a boat."

Audience member:"Well my grandfather was a Navy seal."

Medium:"Oh they're both there and talking over each other!"

What a crock of crap. Apparently the dead are so nonspecific in their communications that they can mean about 5 different things at any given time. Oh and bear in mind they can be talking about future events as well as past events. "Something about the month of November...Nothing? Well wait and see!" Give me a fuck'n break. I hope there is more to the afterlife than us playing charades with mediums performing parlor tricks before live audiences. Surely there's more to do than that! And why do I need messages from the dead anyway. They lived their lives. Now I'm living mine. Go towards the light!
Zinjanthropos Online
Quote:Windbridge Certified Medium Level 5

This floored me. Who knew?

I wonder if they could do the same for theists/believers/devotees (i.e. church parking lot conversation...."Hey, she's a category 8 believer? Me? I'm a 2. Don't know if we're compatible")

Quote:Medium:"And I see a boat."

The only thing said related to the paranormal, even if just remotely. She must be Nauscopian.

http://www.faena.com/aleph/articles/naus...distances/
RainbowUnicorn Offline
if they were really good why dont they do this ?

medium "im seeing a large bag full of cash dropped on the side of the road"
client.... "oh my god no way"
medium"yes it will be on alpha street at 12:00 lunch time & you will have exactly 5 minutes to pick it up before someone else drives past and see it."
go there now and wait & you will be a *gaJillionaire !"
Client... "aww thanks i really needed that. "
Client... "now how much do i owe you for todays session ?"
Medium..."nothing im soo happy i have been able to help you become a *GaJillionaire that i will waive the fee all together! have a great life"

uh huh...

*Gajillionaire is a made up urban dictionary term used to mean a ficticiouse large sume of money generaly infinite and is used mostly in an emotional context
i.e when i become a Gajillionaire i will buy the world and sell off the bits i dont like and give you an entire country.
Zinjanthropos Online
If MR says she's a true charlatan then I believe him. 

There's nothing phoney about this however, seen it many times in my youth:
Quote:paranormal pub night
Magical Realist Offline
Don't get me wrong. I still believe in psychics. They come up with information they couldn't possibly have known, as in solving crime cases. But I'm doubtful that mediums are getting any information from dead people. I think it is some sort of synchronistic magic or clairovoyance that can detect truths from randomized streams of generic symbols and images. Tarot card readers do the same thing. In a sufficiently randomized context sporadic psychic connections can be made. We see it all the time in our everyday life. But it's not dead people.
Zinjanthropos Online
(Mar 28, 2017 09:04 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: Don't get me wrong. I still believe in psychics. 

One impostor doesn't make you wonder? You were able to recognize parlor tricks this time but you wouldn't know if she's not as good at disguising them as the next psychic, not as polished. She may have graduated last in her psychic's class for all we know. 

I don't doubt you still believe and I'll award you plaudits for calling her out here.
Magical Realist Offline
Quote:You were able to recognize parlor tricks this time but you wouldn't know if she's not as good at disguising them as the next psychic, not as polished. She may have graduated last in her psychic's class for all we know.

I used to watch a TV series called Psychic Detectives. There was no deception in these cases. Missing bodies were found and murderers tracked down with the help of their visions. It's real when it's real. It's fake when it's fake. Such is life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdNUnjDKZH4
Zinjanthropos Online
(Mar 29, 2017 03:27 AM)Magical Realist Wrote: I used to watch a TV series called Psychic Detectives. There was no deception in these cases. Missing bodies were found and murderers tracked down with the help of their visions. It's real when it's real. It's fake when it's fake. Such is life.

Probably where you and I differ....... I don't believe everything I see on TV.  

I wonder what the percentage of wrong psychic predictions is, you don't hear much of that. Either they're almost never wrong or it just isn't sensational enough for the news when mistakes occur. I'll take a good profiler over a psychic any day but that's my choice. I do think that if you study cases, investigations, society, mental illnesses, history, etc that you can get a pretty good grip on who you, if you were the police, might want to focus on.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Obituary reading & Cemetery wandering Leigha 3 177 Mar 24, 2020 01:32 AM
Last Post: Secular Sanity
  Ectoplasm and apportations of a physical medium Magical Realist 60 6,617 Mar 9, 2017 06:54 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  The life of medium Ena Twigg Magical Realist 1 368 Sep 8, 2016 05:02 AM
Last Post: C C