Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Canada Passes Anti-Islamophobia Motion

Zinjanthropos Offline
I really don't know what to make of this. It's not that I'm 4th generation Canadian but does this motion have an Islamophobic feel to it?  I need a law to tell me not to be afraid of the Islamic religion? Hell, I'm afraid of all religions. Better not say that too loud, the Mounties might be listening.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/m-103-is...-1.4038016
stryder Offline
I don't think such laws are passed to stop you having an opinion or from not agreeing with religion(s). The concern when such laws are passed is more about not allowing a society to be blind-sighted by racial haters/groups that would otherwise thrive causing fear and misery (they're a bit like trolls in the sense that they don't care who suffers from their acts as long as someone is suffering) Allowing such radicals just increases the triggers that causes attacks from both sides, so it's really an attempt of de-escalation rather than supporting a religious viewpoint over any other.

I personally am not (and will never be) scared of a religion, I however do feel sorry for people that believe in them since to me religions are a huge con and Koolaids filled with E-numbers (additives) (wikipedia.org).
C C Offline
Yep, the schoolmistress officially announcing in front of the whole class that Ahmed is the newest teacher's pet is sure going to help him out a bunch.
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Mar 24, 2017 11:50 PM)C C Wrote: Yep, the schoolmistress officially announcing in front of the whole class that Ahmed is the newest teacher's pet is sure going to help him out a bunch.

Exactly what I'm intimating. As I earlier queried, is passing such a law an indication of fear of Islam? It sure feels like it.

Stryder said: I personally am not (and will never be) scared of a religion,

I'm always afraid of religion enticing people to kill. Other than that it's only normal craziness Wink
Zinjanthropos Offline
Thought just crossed my mind so I figured I'd write it down. My government is telling me not to do anything that promotes the fear of Islam but it's OK to promote the fear of a god. God(s) gets blamed for a lot of bad stuff and His/their reasoning is not to be questioned but not against the law to go door to door with it and instill the fear of deities. I just find this kind of perplexing and strange as well. It almost as weird as the new law being somewhat Islamophobic.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article Anti-modern anti-Semitism C C 1 74 Jun 18, 2023 09:16 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  Muslim pop passes 3mil mark (UK) + Sikh woman helps bushfire victims + Hate preacher C C 5 514 Jan 7, 2020 06:52 PM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos
  Christian landlord loses “Islamophobia” case brought by Muslim tenants C C 1 491 Dec 6, 2018 12:02 AM
Last Post: Syne