Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mental stress

Syne Offline
The human species evolved under the pressure of regularly facing death.
C C Offline
(Jan 17, 2017 12:30 PM)elte Wrote:
Quote:"I am anxious," say out loud, "I am excited." That switches the brain from avoidance mindset into challenged mindset, he says.

Read more at: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-01-stress.html#jCp

^ Excitement isnt something that I consider worthwhile for me anymore.

When it comes to the ones craving the rush of the original life / death situations -- rather than the insulated worries of social / job / financial type affairs, even Steve Irwin (well before his being killed) mused about what particular animal or environmental challenge was going to prematurely do him in.

(Jan 17, 2017 01:36 PM)elte Wrote: As for physiological stress, every meal causes inflamation.  https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-01-m...ation.html

The modern diet doesn't help. When it comes to even people who go on and on about being nutrition-conscious addicts, I'm sometimes astonished at the lack of any fruit at their dinner tables (and whatever vegetable matter there is still gets processed with an overload of salt, corn syrup, and other ingredients whether it came out of a can or not). I can't help but feel that when invited guests come over they're withholding what they normally eat because it's either too pricey or they don't want their visitors to be disappointed taste-wise in terms of the conventional circulatory cloggers and cancer stimulants they expect (or both).
elte Offline
I think back on my daredevil days with some feeling that I was pretty lucky.
-----
Back in the day, sugary foods were advertised very heavily.  I'm glad about hydrogenated fat and sugar losing some favor recently.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stress may be causing a decline in human fertility + Art of fighting and making up C C 0 62 Aug 23, 2021 06:06 PM
Last Post: C C
  Stress appears to negate effects of healthy-type fat consumption elte 5 770 Sep 23, 2016 01:38 AM
Last Post: scheherazade
  Stress speeds the spread of cancer Magical Realist 0 291 Sep 10, 2016 03:08 AM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  Social stress adversely affects hippocampus elte 4 1,001 Feb 6, 2016 12:20 AM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  Tai-chi: The gentle way to fight stress C C 0 592 Jul 1, 2015 05:40 PM
  Check less to reduce email stress C C 0 635 Dec 4, 2014 12:49 AM