Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

God is an Ontic substance

Ostronomos Offline
God defeats evil. The supreme God is One.
Ben the Donkey Offline
What is evil?
Ah, right. Ten commandments, and all that.

You know, most intelligent folk have moved on, and are thinking about about and discussing the relevance of all that simplistic bible stuff to the modern world, where it's actually relevant. It's becoming less so, you know.
Even the Pope. This particular Pope is worthy of at least some admiration... although if he was to be assassinated tomorrow I'd completely get it - and have a reasonable guess as to who the perpetrators might be.
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Jan 13, 2017 04:00 PM)Ostronomos Wrote: God defeats evil. The supreme God is One.

Citations?

Pointless. It never ends, evil and God defeat each other all the f**kin' time. You'd think that every time God wins a battle that there would be less evil. However that's doesn't appear to be the case. 

Supreme God is One with a capital "O" nonetheless. I take that it's not another name for this god. Less than Two might not fit the bill. The implication with the statement above is that there are lesser gods. I would have to believe one of them is for fishing and another covers golf.
Ben the Donkey Offline
One has to wonder, if God is supreme and defeats all evil, when he's going to bloody well get on with it.
Lazy, procrastinating bastard.
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Jan 14, 2017 04:57 PM)Ben the Donkey Wrote: One has to wonder, if God is supreme and defeats all evil, when he's going to bloody well get on with it.

Do you think that someone who claims there's a god who defeats evil may not realize they've accepted an evil belief?
Ben the Donkey Offline
Depends on what you define as being evil, really.
I'm not even sure I admit to the existence of evil, other than as a philosophical concept born of utility. Not to say there isn't any purpose in evil as a concept.
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Jan 14, 2017 05:30 PM)Ben the Donkey Wrote: Depends on what you define as being evil, really.
I'm not even sure I admit to the existence of evil, other than as a philosophical concept born of utility. Not to say there isn't any purpose in evil as a concept.

One thing about the evil concept...... it provides work, jobs that pay. Things some people consider good.

Think of a heinous crime like suicide bombing. Most people would probably consider that an act of evil including the undertaker who gets to profit from it.  Sad
Syne Offline
(Jan 14, 2017 04:57 PM)Ben the Donkey Wrote: One has to wonder, if God is supreme and defeats all evil, when he's going to bloody well get on with it.

Intelligent people know absolutes, such as no evil, are unattainable, and that some evil is necessary to allow for free will.
Secular Sanity Offline
(Jan 14, 2017 11:19 PM)Syne Wrote:

Intelligent people know absolutes, such as no evil, are unattainable, and that some evil is necessary to allow for free will.

Do they know how much love is projected onto a virtual background, thrown to the wind?

What a waste.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The ontic status of reasons Magical Realist 5 238 Nov 23, 2021 02:08 AM
Last Post: C C
  The Illusion of Substance Magical Realist 3 361 Jun 26, 2020 12:56 AM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  The ontic status of situations Magical Realist 2 762 Jan 10, 2016 09:29 PM
Last Post: elte