Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Close encounter of the 5th kind in Monterrey Mexico

Zinjanthropos Offline
(Nov 2, 2016 01:12 AM)Magical Realist Wrote: Fascinating account of interactive contact made between UFO researchers and "them". No greys this time. But a nordic type and some really short ones..

http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc236.htm

I got as far as the aliens telepathically sending a message to not turn on the video cam.  Rolleyes
Syne Offline
Telepathy = all in your head, literally.
Magical Realist Offline
(Nov 2, 2016 02:30 AM)Syne Wrote: Telepathy = all in your head, literally.

Actually it is a thought process from outside your head. It is as distinct from your own thoughts as another's voice is from your voice.
Syne Offline
(Nov 2, 2016 04:14 AM)Magical Realist Wrote:

Actually it is a thought process from outside your head. It is as distinct from your own thoughts as another's voice is from your voice.

Yeah, schizophrenics say the same thing.
Magical Realist Offline
(Nov 2, 2016 04:25 AM)Syne Wrote:
(Nov 2, 2016 04:14 AM)Magical Realist Wrote:

Do they? I've never heard that. I know they hear voices, but hearing a voice isn't having thoughts from someone else going on inside your head.
Syne Offline
(Nov 2, 2016 04:33 AM)Magical Realist Wrote:
(Nov 2, 2016 04:25 AM)Syne Wrote:
(Nov 2, 2016 04:14 AM)Magical Realist Wrote: Actually it is a thought process from outside your head. It is as distinct from your own thoughts as another's voice is from your voice.

Do they? I've never heard that. I know they hear voices, but hearing a voice isn't having thoughts from someone else going on inside your head.

Really? This isn't common knowledge?

It is vital for carers and relatives to realise that although these thoughts may seem mad to an outsider, to the person with schizophrenia they are very real indeed. John Nash is an American mathematician of some considerable repute who won the 1994 Nobel prize for economics. He also suffers with schizophrenia. When asked how he, such an intelligent, clever man, could be convinced that he was being recruited by aliens from outer space, he replied that the mad thoughts came to him in exactly the same way as his sane thoughts so why should he not believe in them? - https://www.livingwithschizophreniauk.or...zophrenia/

Auditory hallucinations are usually experienced as voices. The voices may be talking to them or about them. Sometimes the voices comment on their activity or tell them they are in danger. The voices may also order them to do certain things, such as commit suicide or stop taking their medication. Most of the time, the hallucinations are related to the delusional beliefs. - http://www.schizophrenic.com/content/sch...izophrenia

...like...say...not touching a video camera.

LOL. Rolleyes
Magical Realist Offline
Quote:he replied that the mad thoughts came to him in exactly the same way as his sane thoughts so why should he not believe in them?

Right..he's confirming what I just said. His thoughts come to him like his own thoughts do. With telepathy otoh there is a sense of the thoughts not coming from you but from someone else. Thanks for proving me right. Furthermore the two researchers who received the telepathic messages had no history of schizophrenia. They are normal functioning people. So that makes your whole point moot anyway. LOL!
l
Syne Offline
(Nov 2, 2016 06:09 AM)Magical Realist Wrote:
Quote:he replied that the mad thoughts came to him in exactly the same way as his sane thoughts so why should he not believe in them?

Right..he's confirming what I just said. His thoughts come to him like his own thoughts do. With telepathy otoh there is a sense of the thoughts not coming from you but from someone else. Thanks for proving me right. Furthermore the two researchers who received the telepathic messages had no history of schizophrenia. They are normal functioning people. So that makes your whole point moot anyway.  LOL!

LOL. You seem to have missed the part where those thoughts were of a memory of something he actually thought had happened.

...could be convinced that he was being recruited by aliens from outer space...

But never mind that. It's explained in a way even you shouldn't be able to misunderstand here:

To the voice hearer, the voices coming from inside them are very real and are indistinguishable from real people’s voices.
Sometimes the person may hear voices of people that they recognise, e.g. relatives or friends. For other people the voices may have no distinct personality, being just a non-descript voice with no discernible accent. Sometimes they may hear the voice of someone close to them who has died, which can be very confusing.
Research has shown that the same parts of the brain activated by real speech are also activated by the voices people with schizophrenia hear in their heads.

The experience of voice hearing should not be confused with the normal inner voice that we all have in our minds when we are in good health. Voices caused by psychosis are profoundly different. They are as real as hearing a person in the same room speaking (and indeed research carried out by scientists has shown that the parts of the brain that are activated by hearing real speech, i.e. for detecting speech and generating language, are also active when voice hearers hear the voices coming from inside their heads).16
For some people the voices will be clear to hear, whereas for others they may appear as a constant mumbling in the background. Sometimes only one voice will be heard, but other people may hear a number of different voices at the same time. - https://www.livingwithschizophreniauk.or...e-hearing/

If you weren't so hell-bent on your confirmation bias, you could have found this yourself. After all, it was only the very first link in a Google search for "schizophrenic voices".

But where did you get any info on their mental health history? It wasn't in that article. Self-reported "responsible and stable individuals" isn't compelling data. That's equivalent to "I saw god, and he was a purple whale, and of course I'm sane". LOL
Magical Realist Offline
(Nov 2, 2016 07:41 PM)Syne Wrote:
(Nov 2, 2016 06:09 AM)Magical Realist Wrote:

Right..he's confirming what I just said. His thoughts come to him like his own thoughts do. With telepathy otoh there is a sense of the thoughts not coming from you but from someone else. Thanks for proving me right. Furthermore the two researchers who received the telepathic messages had no history of schizophrenia. They are normal functioning people. So that makes your whole point moot anyway.  LOL!

LOL. You seem to have missed the part where those thoughts were of a memory of something he actually thought had happened.

...could be convinced that he was being recruited by aliens from outer space...

But never mind that. It's explained in a way even you shouldn't be able to misunderstand here:

To the voice hearer, the voices coming from inside them are very real and are indistinguishable from real people’s voices.
Sometimes the person may hear voices of people that they recognise, e.g. relatives or friends. For other people the voices may have no distinct personality, being just a non-descript voice with no discernible accent. Sometimes they may hear the voice of someone close to them who has died, which can be very confusing.
Research has shown that the same parts of the brain activated by real speech are also activated by the voices people with schizophrenia hear in their heads.

The experience of voice hearing should not be confused with the normal inner voice that we all have in our minds when we are in good health. Voices caused by psychosis are profoundly different. They are as real as hearing a person in the same room speaking (and indeed research carried out by scientists has shown that the parts of the brain that are activated by hearing real speech, i.e. for detecting speech and generating language, are also active when voice hearers hear the voices coming from inside their heads).16
For some people the voices will be clear to hear, whereas for others they may appear as a constant mumbling in the background. Sometimes only one voice will be heard, but other people may hear a number of different voices at the same time. - https://www.livingwithschizophreniauk.or...e-hearing/

If you weren't so hell-bent on your confirmation bias, you could have found this yourself. After all, it was only the very first link in a Google search for "schizophrenic voices".

But where did you get any info on their mental health history? It wasn't in that article. Self-reported "responsible and stable individuals" isn't compelling data. That's equivalent to "I saw god, and he was a purple whale, and of course I'm sane". LOL

LOL! You seem so confused. You already confirmed from a schizophrenic himself that "alien" thoughts occur as their own thoughts. Why are you contradicting yourself? And no..normal functioning people are not schizophrenics just because you say so. You need to back up that claim with some evidence if we are to take it seriously.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ORB at 37,000' - Captain Delgado's Unbelievable UFO Encounter Kornee 1 99 Jan 31, 2023 07:26 AM
Last Post: Kornee
  Falcon Lake UFO encounter Magical Realist 27 728 Jul 2, 2022 12:58 AM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos
  If we encounter aliens, they'll resemble AI & not little green men (Seth Shostak) C C 3 224 Jun 16, 2021 06:09 AM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  Guillermo Del Toro's close encounter Magical Realist 1 598 May 24, 2018 06:11 PM
Last Post: C C
  Guillermo Del Toro's close encounter Magical Realist 0 334 May 24, 2018 05:00 PM
  Edwin Fuhr's 1974 ufo close encounter Magical Realist 1 668 Jan 7, 2018 02:42 AM
  The Falcon Lake UFO encounter Magical Realist 2 580 Aug 26, 2017 11:07 PM
  Broad Haven school UFO encounter 1977 Magical Realist 1 479 Feb 16, 2017 01:43 AM
  Close encounters in history Magical Realist 1 916 Nov 15, 2016 04:21 AM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos
  Les Stroud's Bigfoot encounter Magical Realist 0 764 Jul 30, 2016 08:44 PM