Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Did Hillary Clinton Use a Green Screen?

Video  Secular Sanity Offline
There’s a video circulating around claiming that Hillary’s recent appearance at the Greensboro rally was held in front of a green screen and that the audience is fake.  They point out that all the iPhones in the video contain a different background.  What do you think?

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/NnUg9ztXWoI
Secular Sanity Offline
(Sep 18, 2016 07:32 PM)Magical Realist Wrote: Sounds like another Trump conspiracy theory..

How would we know? Lying and politics go hand in hand. It’s considered the norm now. We should raise the bar for politicians but we keep lowering it instead. That’s one arena where AI could do some good. Imagine a debate with a truthful indicator bar next to each candidate having their voice and facial movements analyzed, thermal indicators, monitoring pupil size and blinks. Wouldn’t that be a great debate?
C C Offline
(Sep 18, 2016 06:40 PM)Secular Sanity Wrote: There’s a video circulating around claiming that Hillary’s recent appearance at the Greensboro rally was held in front of a green screen and that the audience is fake.  They point out that all the iPhones in the video contain a different background.  What do you think?

The person who uploaded it used the nym of Barry Soetoro, which relates to yet another conspiracy theory evaluated at Snopes. The anonymity apparently still obstructs determining if this was a Lone Wolf operation or a political community effort.
Secular Sanity Offline
(Sep 18, 2016 09:56 PM)C C Wrote: The person who uploaded it used the nym of Barry Soetoro, which relates to yet another conspiracy theory evaluated at Snopes. The anonymity apparently still obstructs determining if this was a Lone Wolf operation or a political community effort.

You're not talking about the video that I linked, are you? That one is from RBC Network Broadcasting. About 27 seconds into it, you can see the iPhones, and the background does look different.
C C Offline
(Sep 18, 2016 11:38 PM)Secular Sanity Wrote: You're not talking about the video that I linked, are you? That one is from RBC Network Broadcasting. About 27 seconds into it, you can see the iPhones, and the background does look different.

Woops, sorry. I reflexively assumed it was the earlier video claim circulated back in August that also involved a green screen and camera phone images being different. Snopes hasn't responded to this new one yet that's only a few days old.
Syne Offline
Just a conspiracy theory. Most of the phones are pointing offstage, to where Hillary is emerging. But one does show the flag on stage.
Magical Realist Online
Yeah..and factor in that the phones are more angled up and that the stage is much less magnified on the phones than on the TV feed..
Syne Offline
Hillary's Cleveland Labor Day rally did seem to co-opt a much larger event to give the impression of a larger crowd.
Secular Sanity Offline
Yes, maybe you’re right.  That makes sense.  I can also see the turquoise blue signs in the iPhone cameras, but what about the part where she disappears?  

I uploaded this video from ABC15 Arizona to http://rowvid.com/ that allows you to go frame by frame and they’re right.  At 21:14 she disappears.   Right when it gets to 21:15, if you click two frames backwards to 21:14, she does disappear.  What causes that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXZp2LZucP0