Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Oxycodone

Bowser Offline
I had an opportunity to use this drug after dental surgery.  It killed the pain effectively, but I'm curious how people get hooked on it.  I didn't get high and used it for several days.  I suppose had I been in continuous chronic pain, that might open the door to addiction.

Wiki/Oxycodone
elte Offline
It could be that they alter delivery of the medicine somehow, like, for example, changing its form for injection or snorting.
Bowser Offline
I don't know. We have a friend who is in rehab because he is addicted to it. Again, I experienced no high, but it really worked well where my pain was concerned.
scheherazade Offline
I suspect that the dose and duration might be one factor. Another would be the difference in how people respond to various drugs. Also the method of delivery, whether oral or injection.

Other factors would include diet, lifestyle and other medications or substances being used. A person who is feeling depressed might be more easily affected by Oxycodone than a well adjusted person requiring some pain intervention.

(Not to imply that you are well adjusted, Bowser, as I am still at odds with how such determinations are arrived at. Big Grin )
Bowser Offline
(Aug 23, 2016 07:19 PM)scheherazade Wrote: (Not to imply that you are well adjusted, Bowser, as I am still at odds with how such determinations are arrived at. Big Grin )
Big Grin Funny. I do have a natural tolerance for drugs--one reason why I don't smoke marijuana, it just doesn't get me high.