Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How Tom Brady won fans by dodging 'Deflategate' questions

C C Offline
http://phys.org/news/2016-07-tom-brady-w...dging.html

EXCERPT: Sometimes, saying "I don't know" may be the best way for sports stars and other celebrities to gain favor with the public when faced with tough questions. That's the key result from a new case study involving Tom Brady, star quarterback for the New England Patriots, and a news conference he gave concerning the Deflategate scandal. People actually felt more goodwill from Brady and thought he dodged questions less when he started his answers with "I don't know" or "I have no idea," the study found. "I was shocked. People thought Brady was providing better answers when he basically dodged the questions by saying he didn't know," said David Clementson, author of the study and doctoral student in communication at The Ohio State University. The study appears in the current issue of the International Journal of Sport Communication....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Richard Branson won space tourism battle, but his company lost the war (space games) C C 1 79 Jul 13, 2022 05:21 AM
Last Post: RainbowUnicorn
  50 the magic number? (UK) + Bojo improves + Why some won't wear homemade masks C C 0 198 Apr 8, 2020 06:52 PM
Last Post: C C
  Resale ticket markets benefit sports teams & fans C C 0 172 Jan 19, 2020 01:11 AM
  For sports fans only + (Insect hobby) Bugs That Should Not Be Handled C C 0 471 Mar 19, 2017 02:01 AM
  Best sportsperson for each country + Top 10 surfing questions people ask C C 0 303 Dec 26, 2016 03:08 AM
  Deflategate: News reporter shows that 12 balls can be softened in just 40 seconds C C 0 603 Jan 28, 2015 06:38 AM
  Deflategate: Culprit finally discerned? C C 0 630 Jan 28, 2015 01:17 AM