Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Waterboarding Christopher Hitchens

Magical Realist Offline
Trump probably doesn't think waterboarding is torture. I mean really--put a towel over someone's face and pour water on it? Piece of cake right? Wrong. The whole body revulses violently against this sensation of drowning. Vomiting and breaking of bones from restraints, plus years of psychological trauma. It is said that it is even TOO effective since most subjects will say anything just to be released. Here's Christopher Hitchen's own experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LPubUCJv58
Ben the Donkey Offline
(Jun 16, 2016 06:43 AM)Magical Realist Wrote: Trump probably doesn't think waterboarding is torture. I mean really--put a towel over someone's face and pour water on it? Piece of cake right? Wrong. The whole body revulses violently against this sensation of drowning. Vomiting and breaking of bones from restraints, plus years of psychological trauma. It is said that it is even TOO effective since most subjects will say anything just to be released. Here's Christopher Hitchen's own experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LPubUCJv58

I've tried it. A little self control, and it isn't that bad.

As far as tortures go, this isn't anything on an Iron Maiden.
Ya bunch of wusses.

I mean seriously, those guys in the middle ages used to go downtown on yer asses. Torture ain't what it used to be....

And don't think for a second that anyone who hates the USA isn't acutely aware of that.
Half the people in the USA (wild guess) have never seen a dead body. Ever. At best, they've seen Grandma laid out for burial; Might have seen a pileup on a highway somewhere.

Y'all ain't accustomed to dead folks. At all.
They are. The way you used to be, once. Doesn't mean as much to them as it means to you, being dead.
You know, in Victorian times, they used to arrange the dead and take photos. That only happens now when someone wants to make a profit from an image.