Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mysterious planet Uranus

elte Offline
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/many-mysterie...00776.html
The Many Mysteries of Uranus.
Quote:-    The best planet in our solar system is not, as Adrienne LaFrance claimed several months ago, Jupiter. Nor is it Saturn, as Ross Andersen argued in a rebuttal last month. I teach science for a living, which means I have a hard time allowing misinformation to pass by uncorrected—and after reading those articles, I knew I had to step in before any more intellectual damage was done.

The best planet is Uranus—Uranus the bizarre. Uranus the unique. Saturn may be flashy and pretty, and Jupiter may be huge and dramatic, but they can’t hold a candle to Uranus’s intrigue. While all the other planets spin like tops around the sun, Uranus lies on its side. It isn’t the farthest planet from the sun, yet it manages to be the coldest. Its magnetic field is nowhere near where it’s supposed to be, and its ghoulish blue-green atmosphere seems to alternate between dull stagnation and fits of activity.  
C C Offline
Certainly a notorious favorite of grade schoolers over the decades, too.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do neutron stars have mountains? + What Neptune & Uranus really look like: new images C C 0 37 Jan 7, 2024 09:10 PM
Last Post: C C
  Who thought asking the internet to name NASA’s Uranus mission was a good idea? C C 1 102 Sep 14, 2022 08:09 PM
Last Post: Yazata
  Why Uranus & Neptune have different blue hues + Dipole repeller + Space triangle C C 0 52 May 31, 2022 05:54 PM
  Aromatic molecules detected in interstellar cloud + X-rays from Uranus + Cosmic chasm C C 1 195 Apr 6, 2021 06:07 PM
Last Post: Ostronomos
  Uranus Smells like Rotten Eggs Yazata 2 398 Apr 26, 2018 02:31 AM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos
  Mysterious cosmic radio signal + Failed star may actually be a rogue planet C C 1 622 May 12, 2017 06:47 PM
Last Post: RainbowUnicorn
  Planet Nine Challenged: "There's Not One Planet, But Rather Several Beyond Pluto" C C 0 550 Jun 14, 2016 02:17 AM