Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

When in a bad mood better to be sad than mad

elte Offline
It is better for everyone that a person in a bad mood be sad rather than mad.  Being mad about circumstances or situations, instead of at people, is okay however.  That is a behavioral guideline that has occurred to me after years of observation.

Here's a memory device, as my differential equations professor used to term such memory aids.  -- When the mood is bad be sad not mad.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-01-an...ldren.html
Magical Realist Offline
Quote:They recommend "minimal use of antidepressants in children, adolescents, and young adults, as the serious harms seem to be greater, and as their effect seems to be below what is clinically relevant," and suggest alternative treatments such as exercise or psychotherapy.
They also call for the need to identify "hidden information in clinical study reports to form a more accurate view of the benefits and harms of drugs."

I wonder if the study takes into account the bad side effects that sometimes occur with these drugs. I tried around 4 antidepressants all of which induced akathesia or inner restlessness in me. If I had no idea what this was and thought it was going to last for days, I'd think about suicide too. It's a miserable state to be in, walking back and forth in your apt at 2 am waiting for that shit to wear off. Mood swings can also occur when the dosage isn't right or the patient suddenly stops taking the drug. There are too many variables here to be able to dismiss antidepressants as de facto "causes" of suicidal behavior. And then we'll never know how much suicidal behavior a properly dosed and compatible SSRI actually prevents.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  “So bad it’s good”: How to love bad movies (aesthetics) C C 1 62 Apr 21, 2022 03:17 PM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos