Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Type 2 diabetes, pancreas fat

C C Offline
Hopefully a program will eventually developed for helping people lose that one gram of pancreas fat so I don't have to keep starving myself or exercising incessantly to avoid the T2D epidemic. "Starvation and exercise is the method we've developed here at the Klipton Center."
elte Offline
Diabetes is tricky because the blood sugar can be sneaky.  My dad had it and was dealing with a lot of symptoms that were causing him much trouble and pain.  The neuropathy in his feet was almost always at least uncomfortable, and at times just unbearable.  Just for addressing that it would have been good to know he had the condition.  He wasn't fond of going to the doctor and even had a heart attack that we found out about in later years from examination of a heart image.  I didn't like the idea he mentioned about eating to stay warm.  I thought relying on that was not the safest approach.

I also do something like starvation to try to keep as healthy with the condition as I can.  One thing I found linked to the illness is getting too many calories, especially over a period of time.  I think it of an overload situation.  The body hasn't evolved to be able to deal with such a generous energy availability.  So even though I am on the thin side, it is possible that my blood sugar is still getting too high.  I had a fasting test for glucose, which had results that were still somewhat above normal. 

If I have a good opportunity to get exercise, I try to do it.  I bicycle to get vegetables and fruit, which are the bulk of my diet besides daily split peas.  I have been eating a serving of oatmeal every day, but it is one of those strange things how it tends to spike my blood sugar, as far as I can tell.  For different people, such foods that do that can vary.  I'm still wanting a glucose monitor that works more easy and economically than the present ones that require blood and test strips.  I try to avoid added sugar and fat that aren't naturally in food, and also try to stay away from foods that are calorie dense.  Getting good rest is also something that I think about, along with trying to avoid stress in general.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article Class of diabetes drugs linked with fewer adverse cardiac events in older veterans C C 1 87 May 13, 2023 08:18 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  Weed use + COVID-19 patients develop cardiovascular diseases & diabetes months later C C 0 55 Jul 20, 2022 07:05 AM
Last Post: C C
  Regular consumption of sardines helps prevent the onset of type 2 diabetes C C 0 137 May 7, 2021 03:07 AM
  High-fructose & high-fat diet damages liver + Research detracts "Eat less red meat" C C 2 322 Oct 3, 2019 01:41 PM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos
  1 reason why pregnant women use pot + England & Wales rise in young people diabetes C C 0 354 Aug 20, 2018 07:52 PM
  Early time restrictive feeding, a sort of type of fast elte 6 730 May 13, 2018 03:09 PM
Last Post: elte
  Is Medtronic's Artificial Pancreas the Next Big Thing in Diabetes? C C 0 343 Apr 15, 2017 03:54 AM
  Marijuana use: Stroke, heart failure risk + Future resveratrol treatment of diabetes C C 2 806 Mar 15, 2017 07:21 PM
Last Post: RainbowUnicorn
  Diabetes medication list + What Purdue Pharma L.P. knew about Oxycontin Ring C C 0 661 Jul 11, 2016 08:02 PM
  Good news for high fat diet + Tarantula venom helps untangle irritable bowel syndrome C C 1 605 Jun 9, 2016 08:48 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist