Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Empty Auditorium Echo In Here

C C Offline
Or somebody could report on how the garden tomato crop did this year.
cluelusshusbund Offline
(Oct 4, 2014 01:22 AM)C C Wrote: Or somebody could report on how the garden tomato crop did this year.

Im in Indiana... an i had a ripe tomato on July 7... an now i have about a dozen ripe an 6 green tomatoes left... not bad for determinant tomato plants.!!!

My 4 hot banana pepper plants was grate this year... all i coud eat an gave away about 100 so far;;; the plants are still loaded an covered wit a old blanket cause it might get down to 30 tonight (an tomorow night).!!!

So how did you'r garden grow.???  
C C Offline
(Oct 4, 2014 03:16 AM)cluelusshusbund Wrote: So how did you'r garden grow.???  

I have to admit it was one of the best ever. Though I was growing the jet star plants for an elderly relative who wanted to can the juice. Grew a handful of cayenne pepper plants for her, too, that she uses in some recipe for that. Can't wait til I likewise start losing my sense of taste in later years and suddenly develop an interest in hot or spicy foods to compensate. Wink

Gremmie's here! [registered]
C C Offline
(Oct 4, 2014 03:16 AM)cluelusshusbund Wrote: [...looped image sequence would be here...]

Hey, that's a neat avatar. You reckon we'd get booted-out over at SF if displaying conflicting loyalties in gif advertising? Or is this more like some kind of sibling relationship between the two forums? (Even "family-ties" can get pretty testy, though, like those characters in that old Carol Burnett sketch that broke some primal ground. Receiving loads of fan mail: "I can't believe it. You guys are depicting my own family on the TV screen!")
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_%28sketch%29
cluelusshusbund Offline
(Oct 4, 2014 03:26 AM)C C Wrote: Gremmie's here! [registered]

Yeah i told him about the place an he shot right over Smile

Those banana peppers ant real hot an i chop 3 up for a salad... but i clean 6 cause i eat 3 while makin the salad Big Grin

I dryed/browned a bunch of 'em in the oven an then froze 'em... will be good until i get a new batch nest spring.!!!

(Oct 4, 2014 06:23 AM)C C Wrote: Hey, that's a neat avatar. You reckon we'd get booted-out over at SF if displaying conflicting loyalties in gif advertising? Or is this more like some kind of sibling relationship between the two forums? (Even "family-ties" can get pretty testy, though, like those characters in that old Carol Burnett sketch that broke some primal ground. Receiving loads of fan mail: "I can't believe it. You guys are depicting my own family on the TV screen!")
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_%28sketch%29

Thanks... you'r avatars look porfessional... do you put 'em together.???
I dont know what the forum relationships might be... but i wish SF well so the mods will be to busy to want a job here Tongue  

So it wasnt all fun an games for CB... she just made it apear that way.!!!
I wish my local old tv show station woud replace Roy Rogers wit some Carol Burnett shows.!!!
stryder Offline
I apologise the forum was a little empty. 

It was newly set-up, I started setting this place up when sciforums start suffering some errors before the software change, as I wasn't too sure how long it would stay up and running.  Luckily they've got development in full swing over there now, however for a long while I've wanted to be able to fix things at least in regards to the software level and never had access to which meant any fixes took a while to come into force.

Scivillage has had a history (albeit short), I did try setting up a forum here some time back back when Spurious Monkey and other forgotten (by Sciforums) Sciforums members were upset at the administration.  The problem was that because I had been moderating on Sciforums, it automatically tarred me by some of the ex-members of that time as being one of whatever they were rebelling against.  So a couple of them ransacked the placed, which was bad since I had to close it down and lost contact with few people that were good with discussions.

Scivillage.com is a different forum/community, whatever has been done in the past over on Sciforums by myself or anyone else shouldn't define this place.

There currently is no banned members here, which means Everybody* is welcome to join. (Just remember to leave past transgressions at the door.)
*Only exceptions are Spammers and those that want to abuse here.
cluelusshusbund Offline
(Oct 4, 2014 08:59 AM)stryder Wrote: ...for a long while I've wanted to be able to fix things at least in regards to the software level and never had access to which meant any fixes took a while to come into force.

Scivillage.com is a different forum/community, whatever has been done in the past over on Sciforums by myself or anyone else shouldn't define this place.

There currently is no banned members here, which means Everybody* is welcome to join. (Just remember to leave past transgressions at the door.)
*Only exceptions are Spammers and those that want to abuse here.

A new time... a new place... a welcome mat at the front door;;; i say... lets party wit Stryder Cool
C C Offline
(Oct 4, 2014 08:59 AM)stryder Wrote: Scivillage has had a history (albeit short), I did try setting up a forum here some time back back when Spurious Monkey and other forgotten (by Sciforums) Sciforums members were upset at the administration.  The problem was that because I had been moderating on Sciforums, it automatically tarred me by some of the ex-members of that time as being one of whatever they were rebelling against.  So a couple of them ransacked the placed, which was bad since I had to close it down and lost contact with few people that were good with discussions. Scivillage.com is a different forum/community, whatever has been done in the past over on Sciforums by myself or anyone else shouldn't define this place.

I noticed in the course of checking to see if it was showing up on the search engines yet that a former version (2007 or thereabouts) had existed once. But didn't know what had happened to it or the background story.

(Oct 4, 2014 03:38 PM)cluelusshusbund Wrote: A new time... a new place... a welcome mat at the front door;;; i say... lets party wit Stryder Cool

Yah, good idea. In the course of that week-long makeover of SF I've surely got myself affiliated with some kind of hot water over there. Time to lay low for awhile.

I've seen a lot of new forums on the web pop into being and never go anywhere. A few comrades of the owner post for a bit and then that's the end of them as far activity. But if at least two or three of us hang around here and ramble about anything on topic, then maybe it'll diminish the wandering passerbys' phobia about emptiness or suspected ghost-towns. Wink
Magical Realist Online
I'm here! Thank you Timmy and CC for recommending this forum. I grew tired of waiting to be taken off the Sci Forums ban list, which I assume was yet another bug of the new software. So frustrating to be banned and not able to say anything to anybody. Anyhow, this looks like a good place for free discussion. Thank you Stryder for providing this. Now lets get some threads goin!
C C Offline
Alright, you made it! This place is destined to survive topic-wise now! [Comment moved here where it's more applicable.]