Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hillary wasn't having it

Magical Realist Offline
She defended herself admirably against this obviously partisan Benghazi witch hunt. Grace under pressure. Presidential material in MY book.

Washington (CNN) "Hillary Clinton avoided major damage to her presidential campaign during a nearly 11-hour congressional hearing Thursday dominated by Republican criticism of her response to the Benghazi attacks.

Bitter political undercurrents festered all day during a contentious showdown that turned into a political endurance test. After a day-long grilling on the details of the attack and how Clinton handled it, the former secretary of state was forced to defend her use of a private email account while in office from a flurry of late evening attacks by GOP lawmakers.

She also came under testy cross-examination over the extent to which she has taken responsibility for the deaths of the Americans in the September 11, 2012, attacks and her contact with U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens, one of the victims, after sending him to the North African country.

"I came here because I said I would. And I've done everything I know to do, as have the people with whom I worked, to try to answer your questions. I cannot do any more than that," Clinton said towards the end of the grueling day -- before later breaking into a coughing fit and taking a throat lozenge to ease her failing voice."===http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/22/politics/h...g-updates/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article Google’s Woke AI wasn’t a mistake. We know. We were there. C C 0 26 Mar 20, 2024 05:11 AM
Last Post: C C
  It wasn't just Trump: Four years later, politics still make people sick C C 1 109 Jan 14, 2022 10:45 PM
Last Post: Syne
  Paramedics allegedly refused to enter care facility to help man who wasn't breathing Secular Sanity 1 76 Dec 16, 2021 05:26 PM
Last Post: Syne
  Why black voters are backing Joe Biden + Why Hillary cooled toward Farrow (Weinstein) C C 0 268 Dec 2, 2019 08:46 AM
Last Post: C C