Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The musical exploitation of old codgers and grannies

C C Offline
When you see them popping up everywhere, you know most of these "Zoomer listens to _X_ Baby Boomer or Gen-X song for the first time" videos are probably fake gimmicks for boosting views and subscribers. Somebody got the idea that seniors would eat this stuff up, to see the inflated reactions.

From the comments section of the video below:
  • "All of us geezers collectively gasped when he said he'd never heard of Led Zeppelin. One of the best bands - EVER. I still blast it in my car."

• "As a 62-year-old woman from Canada who grew up on this kind of amazing music... I so appreciate young people like yourself getting 'into' it and really appreciating the vibe! This is the coolest thing about the internet and music... people from around the world and different generations, appreciating each other's music. Rock on!"

• "You nailed it when you said,"I've NEVER seen a band this good before," that is because there has NEVER been one this good before or since! Welcome to the Greatest Band to Ever Walk the Earth!"

It's certainly not impossible that much of Gen-Z never heard of certain bands, performers, or songs. But the operation is so widely duplicated now that... Wink

First time EVER hearing Led Zeppelin "Whole Lotta Love" ... https://youtu.be/2oiG_hgk6HI

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/2oiG_hgk6HI

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pythagoras was wrong: there are no universal musical harmonies, study finds C C 0 23 Feb 29, 2024 05:38 AM
Last Post: C C
  Dimitri Shostakovich’s [musical] confrontation with the apparatus of Stalinism C C 0 464 Jun 18, 2016 03:04 AM
  Wintergatan mystical magical musical marble machine elte 2 703 Mar 7, 2016 03:50 PM
Last Post: elte
  End of the Broadway musical C C 0 653 Feb 27, 2015 04:05 AM