Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Article  DIY: examples of how to successfully vote your city into a Sheet Whole

C C Offline
RELATED TOPIC (scivillage): From citizens to peasants: How California destroyed its middle class
- - - - - - - - - - -

INTRO: Market Street is a major artery in San Francisco, California. It had all kinds of shops, malls, bars, restaurants, and stores that are now closed. It begins at The Embarcadero in front of the Ferry Building and runs southwest through downtown, passing the Civic Center and the Castro District, to the intersection with Portola Drive in the Twin Peaks.

Jul 27, 2023 - Metal Leo: "San Francisco: Every store is closed on Market Street" ... https://youtu.be/5UWIyGDnHmk

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/5UWIyGDnHmk
C C Offline
VIDEO EXCERPTS: In fact the city alone, excluding its metropolitan area, has a GDP of more than 200 billion dollars. To put that in perspective, it's equivalent to the entire economy of a country like Greece. Not bad. With all these points, we could almost come to think of San Francisco as something of a dream location, couldn't we?

Well visual politic viewers, nothing could be further from the truth. If that were the case we wouldn't be making this video. It's true San Francisco has a lot to offer, but for a few years now the city has been losing its appeal. And pay attention, because there are many people who fear that it could be following the same path that Detroit once took towards the abyss. [...] San Francisco, the real Gotham City...

[...] Since 2020 crime has skyrocketed [...] I know it wasn't because of the pandemic, but because of a new political strategy. The strategy of former San Francisco district attorney Chesa Boudin.

Since his election in 2020 Boudin promised to be more flexible with those who committed minor and non-violent offenses. In other words, basically a free hand was given, and the result was a real disaster. Suddenly the citizens of San Francisco found themselves with a prosecutor who would allow repeat offenders to return to the streets without a penalty.

For instance, a person could be caught red-handed committing a misdemeanor, have an extensive record, and yet be sure that thanks to Boudin absolutely nothing would happen to him or her. Within a few hours, the person would be completely free. The question I'm sure many of you are asking yourselves, then: What on Earth was this prosecutor thinking? Well, among other things...

[...] The situation became so out of control that in 2022 it was estimated that San Francisco citizens had a 1 in 16 chance of experiencing a violent or property crime. [...] The lack of security crisis that the city has been experiencing has even forced stores to modify their opening hours to avoid robberies. Or as in the case of the Whole Foods supermarket chain, to close down one of its Flagship stores. In fact since its opening in March 2022, robberies at the establishment were so frequent that the business became unprofitable...

Crime, fentanyl & exodus: The crisis that is devastating San Francisco ... https://youtu.be/9Y7NO9lgDuU

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/9Y7NO9lgDuU
C C Offline
"Theft is only possible because it emerges from the make-believe right of individual property ownership (capitalism, in contrast to the default or indigenous state of collectivism). Much as 'drowning' is enabled by the presence of water or liquid."

Reporter question: "Why are you stealing?"

Honest answer: "Because it's San Francisco, bro."

San Francisco Walgreens puts chains on freezers as shoplifters target store 20 times a day, employee says

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/ibiam53A3eg
C C Offline
This is not the solution to the shoplifting epidemic
https://youtu.be/-wM_Omcz6dk

VIDEO EXCERPT: "It's become kind of like a police state in San Francisco."

Sure, it's a police state where people casually stroll into a convenience store and leave with a handful of merchandise without any fear of prosecution. That's a police state. No, what you are seeing is the exact opposite of a police state.

Companies don't lock up their bags of coffee behind padlocks in a police state. That happens in a state with no police. So it is again very much the opposite problem that you're experiencing in San Francisco.

But as always, you know it's very revealing to look at the kinds of merchandise that places like Walgreens and other stores have to put behind lock and key. It's expensive bags of coffee, ice cream. frozen burritos. fake eyelashes, nail polish, lotion, pancake syrup.

Now what's the significance of that? Well, these are not the items that you grab if you are starving and malnourished. Which means that poverty is not driving this problem. Somebody who's poor and desperate and needs to steal to survive is not going to steal these things.

I was broke for several years. I didn't steal gourmet coffee bags or cartons of ice cream. I just didn't buy them. That's what you do when you're broke. You just don't buy that stuff. I went through years of my life where I never went to the grocery store and bought dessert or expensive coffee. Couldn't afford it. I was surviving, I was fine, I wasn't gonna die. I just couldn't afford that kind of stuff so I didn't buy it, and it was okay.

So what you're seeing here is not poverty. Being poor alone doesn't cause you to do that.

What causes this is when you are totally indifferent. So what we're seeing in San Francisco, along with a lot of other things, is total indifference. It is a form of despair, but it's not despair brought on by financial desperation.

It's the despair of simply not caring about anything. Having no moral compass, just doing whatever you want. That's the despair gripping hold of San Francisco, in many places in America. And it's encouraged and facilitated by the government which is not enforcing the law.

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/-wM_Omcz6dk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Britons turn into ‘DIY doctors’ as poll reveals 1 in 3 gave up booking GP appointment C C 3 180 Jan 2, 2024 12:29 AM
Last Post: confused2
  Check⁉️ DIY: wilderness wound treatment + DIY: wild fruits lifesaver (Vanessa Blank) C C 1 187 Oct 22, 2023 07:21 PM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos
  Article DIY: turning a bus into a luxury tiny home C C 2 82 May 8, 2023 02:41 AM
Last Post: C C
  DIY space station air leak fail + Is Venus a DIY hell or did roving Jupiter cause it? C C 0 158 Sep 30, 2020 03:00 AM
  US Postal Service warns 46 states about massive disenfranchisement (DIY mail-in vote) C C 1 148 Aug 15, 2020 03:01 AM
Last Post: Syne
  Will CPR save your life? Probably not + Catch big carp with DIY trap C C 0 124 Jul 17, 2020 10:13 PM
  Before DIY protests, research what's really going on? + Janah's DIY poverty remedy C C 1 176 Feb 2, 2020 09:02 PM
  DIY protection of chocholate treats (UK) + DIY grassroots protest of meat buying (NZ) C C 2 324 Sep 23, 2019 10:56 PM
Last Post: confused2
  Ditching DIY for 'do it for me' + Binging on DIY videos + DIY plans for tiny houses C C 0 320 Jan 26, 2019 07:11 PM
  DIY: Change your gender for cheaper car insurance in Alberta C C 4 1,217 Aug 23, 2018 05:04 PM