Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unbridled tradition

Ostronomos Offline
I am an active participant in social events. My day to day life consists of celebrating life and enjoying social customs. I participate in social events and activities on an almost daily basis. My high intelligence and looks have advantages in the social sphere. My days are tempered by intellectual pursuits and socializing. Is this typical of someone with an IQ at my level?
Ostronomos Offline
I meant to write "unbridled enthusiasm".
C C Offline
It can as much be a feature of the proles. For instance, congregations observing and participating in snake handling customs can seem very socially animated and exuberant, or even instances of illegal dogfighting.

That's why the intellectual class has often found itself needing pretentious, affected characteristics and patronizing behavior to distinguish itself from the hoi polloi. In the course of it seeking veneration and obeisance from the rabble, via its promises of incremental implementation of "utopian" communities, along the grander opportunistic road to achieving a secular, parallel version of ruling priesthood for itself.