Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Plastic Will Be Inside Nearly Every Seabird on Earth by 2050

C C Offline
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/plastic...th-by-2050

EXCERPT: Oceans are the world's forgotten landfill, and seabirds are turning into flying garbage cans. By 2050, 99 percent of all seabird species will be contaminated by the plastic waste flooding our oceans. If a new estimate proves correct, in 35 years time you'll be able to find plastic inside the stomachs of as many as 95 percent of the individual, living seabirds on Earth. [...] an Australian and British trio detail their assessment of the past 40 years of plastic pollution research, which they used to model how the exponential growth of plastic production will lead to toxic trash tickling the innards of all the seagulls and pelicans you happen to see....
Magical Realist Offline
Portland proper has banned plastic grocery bags. But having moved recently to the outskirts, the white trash upriver side of town called Milwaukie, I noticed the stores here still have plastic bags. I guess they didn't get the memo. Maybe plastic trash bags are recyclable. I hope so. I'd hate the possibility that my bag is now clogging the duodenum of some unfortunate bloated seagull. And hey! I have another good reason for never buying bottled water ever. Dumbest idea of the 21st century.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Every Mutt Must Get Stoned Zinjanthropos 2 286 Sep 15, 2019 06:55 PM
Last Post: Zinjanthropos
  Here's Something You Don't See Every Day Yazata 1 221 Apr 3, 2018 07:40 PM
Last Post: C C
  German Official Wants Backdoors In Every Device Connected To The Internet C C 9 1,029 Dec 13, 2017 04:41 AM
Last Post: stryder
  5 Things Every Mother Should Start Doing For HERSELF C C 0 492 May 5, 2016 05:37 AM
Last Post: C C