Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unbelievable DRONE display - Guinness World Records

Zinjanthropos Offline
Probably only going to get better. Drones are like gunpowder/fireworks, beautiful light displays one night to blowing up tanks on the battlefield the next.

Was wondering if the absence of the Russian Air Force in Ukraine War could be attributable to fear of potential drone attacks. If hobbyists can fill a sky with drones then how do military planes avoid a calculated mass attack/collision?

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/41...otect-them

Even planes on the ground aren’t safe

Excerpt: For many different reasons, it is far more preferable to destroy fighters on the ground than in the air. The fact that this can now be done in such a low cost and low risk way thanks to even commercially-available drones, and potentially far from the front lines of a conflict, is very troubling. We have seen this attempted already in January 2018 when Russia's Khmeimim Air Base in Syria was attacked by 13 crude fixed-wing drones armed with improvised explosives. Even terrorists or political actors could destroy billions worth of military hardware at a very low cost with simple off-the-shelf systems if flightline security solutions aren't found and deployed in time.
Kornee Offline
Yep, but....
Don't forget use as additional means of omni-surveillance. Can't have global citizens wandering around willy-nilly and getting up to who knows what mischief!
Sure cameras everywhere at ground level, and GPS tracking etc. via 'smart' phones is great, but eyes everywhere in the sky just adds that extra level of 'support'.
Darn, I really wanted to make this a feel-good thread. Harsh reality would have to poke it's ugly head up. Sigh.
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Oct 17, 2022 01:08 PM)Kornee Wrote: Yep, but....
Don't forget use as additional means of omni-surveillance. Can't have global citizens wandering around willy-nilly and getting up to who knows what mischief!
Sure cameras everywhere at ground level, and GPS tracking etc. via 'smart' phones is great, but eyes everywhere in the sky just adds that extra level of 'support'.
Darn, I really wanted to make this a feel-good thread. Harsh reality would have to poke it's ugly head up. Sigh.

Sorry about that Korn. Guilty as chargrd, call it an Alfred Nobel moment, stark reality.

Starry, Starry Night not exactly a cheerful feel good song when considering the suicide aspect.
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Oct 18, 2022 02:42 AM)Kornee Wrote: It's ok Zinja - I was being a bit ironic with that bit. Use for good and bad is ubiquitous. Just amazed at how popular van Gogh's art evidently is in China, as this article hints:
https://news.artnet.com/art-world/chinas...ry-1315319

You’ll go nuts trying to figure out the Chinese fascination with Van Gogh. Very similar to Japan’s fascination with Canadian author Lucy Maude Montgomery’s book Anne of Green Gables.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39809999

I had heard that a visit to Canada’s smallest province Prince Edward Island was on the bucket list for many Japanese. Eight years ago my wife and I visited the place and we decided to check out the author’s house located there. Never made it inside. A huge parking lot there crammed with tour buses from neighbouring province Nova Scotia all bringing Japanese tourists with them. Talked with couple bus drivers and they say it’s like that all the time during summer, go figure.