Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Trump leaps on & beyond the "CNN is changing to a politically neutral network" theory

C C Offline
Trump bashed Fox News for 'pushing' the Democrats' agenda and said if CNN 'went conservative' they'd be an 'absolute gold mine' and he'd help them do it
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-ri...ine-2022-9

EXCERPT: Trump lashed out at Fox News and contributor Karl Rove, who criticized Trump having documents at Mar-a-Lago.

[...] While criticizing Fox News on Sunday, Trump also said that if the network's cable news competitor CNN adopted a conservative approach, he would support it.

"If 'low ratings' CNN ever went Conservative, they would be an absolute gold mine, and I would help them to do so!" Trump said of CNN, which he has frequently described as "failing" and "fake news."

Trump's comments about CNN come as the network appears to be shifting its strategy in order to attract a wider range of viewers.

On Friday, longtime CNN White House correspondent John Harwood abruptly parted ways with the network shortly after calling Trump a "dishonest demagogue" and saying the point made by President Joe Biden during his anti-MAGA speech on Thursday was "true."

Brian Stelter also had a sudden exit from CNN last month. Stelter, whose show "Reliable Sources" covered media, frequently criticized Fox News and right-wing outlets.

The shake ups come after Chris Licht took over as CEO of CNN earlier this year, following the departure of Jeff Zucker.

Several unnamed CNN employees and former staffers told The Washington Post they viewed the recent string of exits as evidence of Licht's plans to reposition CNN as an ideologically neutral network by limiting voices that are critical of Trump... (MORE - details)
- - - - - -

Yahoo News (excerpts): . . . “Wow! Fox News is really pushing the Democrats and the Democrat agenda,” Trump wrote on Truth Social. [...] Newly-minted CNN President Chris Licht has promised the network will renew its commitment to objectivity and fairness after accusations from the right about the network’s partisan slant and sensationalism.
RainbowUnicorn Offline
trump is too fat to leap

he is trying his little fox news routine on cnn
lol
what a joke
Syne Offline
RU, don't be so bitter that CNN is giving up leftist propaganda. Hopefully you keep watching, if they succeed in reforming, and learn something.
Zinjanthropos Offline
I guess CNN didn’t get rich by bashing Trump. Supporting Biden ain’t working either it seems. Can’t imagine Wolfe Blitzer neutral.

Is all this an admission of being a fake news broadcaster?
stryder Offline
Quote:Hackers target politicians with fake news website
Hackers created a fake news website to harvest data from Australian government officials, journalists and others, according to a top US security company.

The targets received emails claiming to be from Australian news outlets, which linked them to a malicious website.

The website, populated with articles stolen from BBC News, would then install malicious code on their device.

Proofpoint said it had "high confidence" the hackers were aligned with the Chinese government.

"We take attribution very seriously," Proofpoint threat research and detection vice-president Sherrod DeGrippo said.

"We specifically don't release attribution unless we have high confidence. ...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/62728084

So the real question should be who's fake news is it anyway?

I mean is Trump refering to actual news, or just what certain controlling factors are manipulating him to see. He could be under Chinese "insert group/government or protagonist" sway
Zinjanthropos Offline
Proofpoint not filling me with confidence.

(Sep 5, 2022 02:41 PM)stryder Wrote: Proofpoint said it had "high confidence" the hackers were aligned with the Chinese government.

"We take attribution very seriously," Proofpoint threat research and detection vice-president Sherrod DeGrippo said.

"We specifically don't release attribution unless we have high confidence. ...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/62728084

Proofpoint doesn’t release attribution unless they have high confidence? And they’re investigating fake news?

High confidence isn’t proof, is it? Good enough to blame someone however.

Fun with names:

Sherrod: Wild man (Gaelic/Irish)
De: of (French)
Grippo: mask/helmet (German)

Isn’t a mask used by Hackers, something akin to a logo or signature? Maybe he’s a friendly hacker?

Anyways…..any news agency should get the facts right before broadcasting it, regardless.
Syne Offline
(Sep 5, 2022 01:23 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: Is all this an admission of being a fake news broadcaster?

Yep.
Zinjanthropos Offline
(Sep 5, 2022 05:00 PM)Syne Wrote:
(Sep 5, 2022 01:23 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: Is all this an admission of being a fake news broadcaster?

Yep.

I think it’s pretty obvious…..Trump’s fake news claim was correct. What’s good to see is CNN’s viewership decline. People realizing just how biased and error prone CNN is. I don’t think all their lost viewers were Trump backers, so many showing their disdain for fake news. Hope exact sentiment spills over to the CBC et al for us Canucks.
Syne Offline
(Sep 5, 2022 07:10 PM)Zinjanthropos Wrote: I think it’s pretty obvious…..Trump’s fake news claim was correct. What’s good to see is CNN’s viewership decline. People realizing just how biased and error prone CNN is. I don’t think all their lost viewers were Trump backers, so many showing their disdain for fake news. Hope exact sentiment spills over to the CBC et al for us Canucks.

I imagine it can be harder to accept that your own government, through state sponsored media, are lying to you. At least CNN is a privately owned media, even if they have been doing the bidding of Democrats in government. Makes them no different from Facebook, Twitter, etc.. At least in the US, only NPR/PBS gets some government funding, but they don't have anywhere near the reach of the CBC.
Yazata Offline
America is hugely polarized, and Fox News is really the only major cable news outlet that leans right. MSNBC staked out the left-most position during George W. Bush's term while CNN pretended to be in the middle, responsible journalism without a bias. There was once-upon-a-time in the less-polarized 1990's when CNN was more or less the cable channel of record. We all watched CNN back then. (I haven't watched anything on CNN for years.)

But they found themselves getting killed as more and more of their viewers abandoned their sorta-centrist/moderate left stance for the more ideological channels to their left and right.

So CNN decided to pursue a different business strategy, swerving hard-left and battling MSNBC for that democratic-party mouthpiece space. Unfortunately for them, they didn't just have MSNBC to deal with, they were going up against the broadcast networks as well as government funded NPR (the BBC without the mandatory licenses) and the print media. So their new positioning strategy didn't work out all that well for CNN, and they still found themselves battling for share against lots of competitors, trying to divide half the news-viewer pie while Fox News enjoyed the other half of the pie pretty much all to themselves.

Now CNN might be reconsidering their repositioning strategy and their leftward lurch.

I don't anticipate them swerving right and challenging Fox. (Which is gradually creeping leftwards themselves.) But CNN might be thinking of moving back to the center.

Fox News is ripe for a competitor on the right, but I don't see CNN doing that successfully. They just have too much baggage from the last few years. If anyone challenges Fox on the right, it will be somebody like Newsmax or One America Network.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article The case for why our Universe may be a giant neural network C C 1 84 Jun 13, 2023 07:59 PM
Last Post: Magical Realist
  A theory of theories (effective field theory) C C 0 78 Jan 14, 2023 02:16 AM
Last Post: C C
  Lee Smolin: the laws of the universe are changing C C 0 80 Jul 9, 2022 10:01 PM
  Elon Musk theory about underpopulation + UFO theory shot down by Musk satellites C C 0 90 Dec 8, 2021 02:18 AM
  AI is killing choice & chance - which means changing what it means to be human C C 2 197 Feb 27, 2021 07:21 PM
Last Post: Syne
  The "why free will is beyond physics" proposal C C 0 117 Jan 12, 2021 05:41 AM
  Roybal-Allard Theory: "Trump's wall could split SpaceX launchpad in half" C C 8 1,631 Feb 15, 2019 06:12 AM
  Are Trump’s immigration policies literally making us sick? (safety practices theory) C C 1 419 Dec 17, 2018 10:10 PM
  Rubin's theory / prediction for Trump avoiding indictment as civilian C C 0 489 Dec 10, 2018 04:02 AM
  Trump's alt-theory to Puerto Rican death count report C C 1 424 Sep 17, 2018 06:24 PM