Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Is charging your phone all day really that bad?

Lightbulb  Leigha Offline
https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/blog/...e-all-day/

What the science says
Charging your battery causes its performance to degrade over time, no matter how you do it. Smartphones are powered by lithium-ion batteries, which work by moving charge carriers (in this case, lithium ions) from one electrode to another. The ions move in one direction when charging and the other when discharging.

Well then, that debunks the theory that you should let your phone discharge 100% or close to it, before charging it. I was hoping the article would explain why certain activities on my phone, discharge the battery more so than others? For example, if I'm listening to songs on Youtube, the battery discharges faster than say if I'm on a 20 minute phone call. Huh
C C Offline
Sorry to say that my smartphone is abused over a wide range of areas. There's no escape from my pathological indifference, apart from a current one getting too old and impaired or ceasing to operate altogether.
Syne Offline
Connecting to and streaming anything from the internet is far more performance heavy than phone calls. It's just a matter of how hard the processor is working.
Leigha Offline
That makes sense. ^ Streaming does seem to drain my battery more so than anything else really. I've learned about a setting to ''disable background data'' as a way to lessen the battery drain when using apps. Apps are another battery killer.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article Your phone is not listening to you C C 1 32 Feb 8, 2024 12:15 AM
Last Post: Kornee
  Ancient Greek inventions + Space "tower" sends text to unmodified phone for 1st time C C 0 154 Mar 18, 2020 10:20 PM
Last Post: C C
  Wireless charging of smartphones Magical Realist 1 368 Feb 23, 2018 10:24 PM
  NSA may use Mandrake to identify phone users by their finger swipe C C 0 573 May 26, 2015 05:22 PM
  Cell phone use = anxiety? Magical Realist 2 1,290 Jan 30, 2015 01:36 AM
Last Post: Magical Realist